Skip to content

Goal of the season (2015/16)

Vote in the official poll here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GOTS1516

Also vote in the gasroom poll and see if we come up with the same answer.

Poll not found

Comments

• It says a lot that 8 came before Christmas.

I'd forgotten the vast majority and seeing Hayes and Thompson link up and move the ball around at speed in a couple of clips was genuinely a surprise to me. I'd forgotten it ever happened.

• It's nice to remember that on the odd occasion we've scored a goal through some decent football. Some good goals in there.

• Jombati all day long.

• Jombati, Thompson v Portsmouth, McGinn in that order.

• Jombati for me, with Hayes 2nd

• Just goes to show what we can do when we get the ball on the deck and play properly. (P.s - Jombati by a country mile)

• Some good goals in there, I like the Jombati goal, but also the Hayes one but went for O'nien vs Stevenage.

• Jombati the move the finish it has it all.

• For me the Harriman first one is my pick, just a sensational hit.

Jombatis is a good team goal, but surely that Thompson v Portsmouth even better, a move that started from the 18 yard box, they didn't get near the ball, we moved it at sheer pace, accurately! My word if we could play like that often!

• Jombati absolutely nailed on to win it, best team goal of the season.

• Thompson v Pompey is my favourite. Lovely goal

• Sido's golaço against Halifax is my personal favourite, though Thompson's goals against Barnet and Pompey would also be worthy winners.

• I think the only thing holding back Jombatis' goal from being nailed on is the perception of the quality of the opposition.

• Fair point you and whose. But, after Sido's trials and tribulations recently, it would be great to see him get it. Such a character and, mostly, a pleasure to watch (and you can't say that about too many!)

• @EwanHoosaami Really? I don't see that the opposition made that much of a difference to be honest. But everyone has there own opinion. he still had to finish it like a striker.

• And what a finish. Just like watching Brazil.