Skip to content

Fans Council marquee

I arrived quite late on Saturday and didn't look on the way into the ground, but noticed on the way out that there appeared to be two bar staff in the new marquee, zero customers and zero people showing any inclination to enter it and become customers.

Did anyone use it at all?

Comments

• I saw quite a few people in there before KO, didn't use it myself as I got the late bus in, and took my place on the terrace straight away, and had to leave right after the game to get the return bus. I will use it in future though. I hope they have heaters on in the winter ! and do they serve hot drinks, because personally I miss the coffee shop. The instant stuff they serve in the ground really doesn't hit the spot.

• Did they have the beer festival on in there? Would definitely use it if so.

• I saw people in there. Although I imagine it will mainly be used as overflow from the Vere and by those that want to drink outside when the weather is nice.

• lets hope this idea hasn't cost the club money as anything we do needs to be well supported or its wasted funds, not just on staff but on the heating of it and the marquee itself.

• @rmjlondon fantastic positivity from you again Richie! Club try something new/different and you moan, what a surprise! You be at the game tonight?

• Of course Richie if you get your way and we fail to make the play offs there will be just that little bit less to spend on such frivolities as marquees and players wages.

• we won't make the play offs if I want us too or not, somebody who could score a goal might help, and we have 3 very hard games after tonight against teams chasing auto promo and playoffs and AFC W have Dagenham who will be in there boots after being relegated.

• yes not missed a game in 3 years, left home at 2pm and in wycombe now.

• That's a shame, could have sworn you threatened to flounce off? Why bother as everything about the club and the way they go about their business is wrong in your eyes? Perhaps you have masochistic tendencies?

• @rmjlondon said:
    yes not missed a game in 3 years, left home at 2pm and in wycombe now.

I don't know enough about IP addresses to know for sure but this seems unlikely?

• I could be wrong but this marquee looks very much like something you see at Brands Hatch or Silverstone. So putting 2 and 2 together We may have our chairman to thank for the loan of the marquee, to see how it goes for a few matches before the end of the season.

• I posted from my phone and I have not missed a game in 3 years and have plenty of people who will be my witness including my father who I sit next too every game for my sins.

• Happy to be wrong!

• @rmjlondon said:
    I posted from my phone and I have not missed a game in 3 years and have plenty of people who will be my witness including my father who I sit next too every game for my sins.

You can sue him for child cruelty you know...

• I did wonder about the logic behind this new marquee. It seems a bit unnecessary.

When was the last time you couldn't get into either the Vere or Scores bar, or had to queue for an unreasonable amount of time to get a pint?

During the hotter months, I've never had a problem popping into the away fans beer tent for a pint.

• yes but it was big gob bowrings idea and after his fall out with andrew howard I doubt they wanted to say no