Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnet

Comments

• Thompson and Hayes start up front ffs!

• Who else is there @robin?

Thompson actually has a half decent tally of goals given our dreadful lack of service into the strikers. And Hayes is clearly more effective further forward. If Harriman and Thompson can run off his flicks we may just pinch a goal.

• It seems strange we're playing with Jombati and Kretzch on the left (assuming it's a 442) when neither are left side players and Sellers is on the bench. It also seems strange to bring in two young strikers on loan to correct our failure to score goals this season but then persevere with Hayes and Thompson up front. Fingers crossed though!

• When was the last times Hayes and Thompson scored in the same match?

• Away at Luton on Boxing Day. Considering the whole team have only scored twice in the same match on just the one occasion since that game, it's not a bad return.

• Such a boring game, it's all in the air #thisisnotfootball

• That's 45 minutes that I will never get back!

• Oh well, better than nothing.

• With AFC winning and their one in hand it's league 2 again next year. Ah well. More excitement on the pitch next year please Mr A.

• It's not over yet but it's looking pretty damn unlikely.

• Wimbledon's next game is against Dagenham who got relegated today sothe last play off spot looks like theirs.

• That has to be one of the most boring performances this season im in agreement with @robin I think the fat lady has started singing.

• It's not over, but we've hit a run of poor form and injuries at just the wrong time and in all probability we'll fall short of the play offs. No complaints from me though, we've competed well and had a good season. The big minus has been the lack of goals and entertainment, but I'm pretty sure that's something GA will be looking to address in the summer.

• Two years on, we are still in the football League, we are in a far better shape in financial terms, although I'm sure the Trust would like to see more members make a contribution to the share scheme (every little helps). However, rather than play to stay in League 2, I would rather see us play to development our young players into players who will be capable of playing in League one and above, hopefully in the blue Quarters. Roll on 2016/7.

• @BSE said:
    That has to be one of the most boring performances this season im in agreement with robin I think the fat lady has started singing.

Shame she didn't come out at half time and give us a turn. Anything to liven up what was a dull as ditchwater afternoon.

• That was dreadful. Bar five or ten minutes in the second half where we played ok, Barnet were the better side for the most part. I though Max and Bean did ok but the rest were fairly average.

Wouldn't mind Akinde or Yiadom in our team, although the diving from the latter was awful.

• Truly poor afternoons entertainment. I thought we needed 9 points from York, Barnet & Yeovil. I don't think we will get much from Oxford, Accy and Pompey. It looked like 2 teams whose minds were elsewhere today. I just hope the 5 year plan is not more of this toothless dross.
    See you all Tuesday.

• I'd welcome a 1 year plan, to stick to the budget, try to accumulate as many points as possible and a possible promotion at the end. Apart from the bit about sticking to the budget isn't that how all clubs operate? 5 year plans are for marketing executives not football clubs.

• I have had enough of hearing about 5 year plan and points target, last year I was proud of the team, this year it's been boring and drab, I'm sure we will hear from GA saying we are over achieving and got the lowest budget in the world of football... Blah blah blah

• Blah blah blah indeed.

• I hope we don't make the playoffs now, good luck to Wimbledon who has invested in some decent forwards and not two pensioners, Akinfenwa would be better than the shite we have to watch and he is past it as well

• We couldn't afford Akinfenwas food bill!

• @rmjlondon said:
    I hope we don't make the playoffs now, good luck to Wimbledon who has invested in some decent forwards and not two pensioners, Akinfenwa would be better than the shite we have to watch and he is past it as well

Muppet

• I really want us to make the play offs however we are simply not good enough. Our January signings have been poor. We should of kicked on from last season...sadly this has not happened
    Barnet have got some very good and experienced footballers, if we had Akinde we would easily be in play offs

• nothing to do with muppet, we have made no investment in the playing squad bar harriman who for the most part has been woeful since his signed his 4 year deal.
    If better attacking players are not signed in the summer and business done early alot of people will be very disillusioned going forward.

• "Meep meep meep I hope we don't make the play offs " muppet

• What is the point of making a substitute one minute from time the difference it makes they might just as well bring on a ball boy and give him one minute of fame.

• I'd go with pillock over muppet. Muppets often have redeeming features.

• @Wwfc2015_ So with their very good and experienced footballers, how come Barnet are 15th and we are 8th?