Skip to content

GasMan appreciation thread

Comments

• Bloody marvellous stuff the gasroom - met the late great Al the Pal through this and life without the Sailor and his FA cup poetry would be hard to swallow. And spent many a bored afternoon at work reading the drivel from 'bOots' and 'the Nixon tapes' ... All hail the gasman!
  • I've only been posting on gasroom for just over 2 years, so still slightly new, but was a blast, and most of the posts had good info, and some fun too. Hopefully it all continues here.
  • Doctor C, I know it's a bit early and all, but did you think to get the Christmas lights box from the Gasman?
  • Fantastic work from the Gasman over more than half my lifetime - many hours spent reading and sporadic posting! I hope he realises the great work he did and the entertainment it brought many of us!
  • Thanks Gasman for all your hard work over the years. As is life a vocal minority often come across as though they are the majority. I always found the majority in the gas room as being realistic football supporters, which is a rare commodity, and one of the reasons why I love WWFC. Love live Gasroom 2.0, and long live WWFC
  • End of an era, that's for sure. I found the old site a bit different and it was so easy that it actually encouraged people to post, including those from other clubs. Let's hope this site works as well as the old Gasroom did for many years. Thanks again Gasman.
  • Thank you GasMan. Will truly miss the old Gasroom that has been part of my daily routine and companion over the years. I'm sure we will look back with increasing affection as time moves on.
  • What they all said. Gonna miss the Gasroom a lot, but hopefully this place will go from strength to strength.
  • Thanks for everything Gasman.
  • End of an era, but hopefully the start of a new one. Many thanks Mr GasMan
  • Nice one gasman.

Living in Liverpool and pre twitter etc I would always use the board for my info (for around 14 years). It would also come in very handy when I'd lose my phone and all my Wycombe contact numbers.

Met some sound people off here and hope this board is just as good.

So once again thanks for all your effort.
  • Well done and thank you
  • The original Gasroom was one of the first websites I ever used on a regular basis, and the fact it never really changed was always comforting. It reminded me of dial up internet, and being given 30 minutes online at a time so as not to run up a bill. Hats off to Gasman.
  • Fantastic work Gasman, your efforts much appreciated.
  • Thank you Gasman for everything and creating a little bit of history
  • I haven't posted on the gasroom for a number of years (posted under mdw for a while), but have been an avid reader since pretty much the start, so wanted to add my thanks. It really is the end of an era!
  • bit pale here, innit? Nevertheless, thanks to Dr Congo and all hail the Man o' Gas. Hwyl fawr, Bach, hwyl fawr.
  • Does this forum have Christmas lights? and if so when will they be switched on? tHese are the important issues .
  • Very much appreciate the GasMan for everything he's done. for a long exiled Wanderer it's kept me in touch with fellow blues fans and something I greatly appreciate.
  • Thank you for all the work that went into the old Gasroom; probably my most visited website for many years.
  • I will get more work done now! The Gasroom has been part of my life since the early days and logging on with a decrepit old computer in the university library...thanks GasMan
  • Thank you Gasman for all your work over such a long period of time, labour over and above the call of duty. The Gasroom was particularly valuable for exiled fans (including ex-employees), feisty and entertaining it and you will be missed ........ not all of "the establishment" failed to appreciate it, indeed your stats were a quick and easy source of reference. Good luck and many thanks.

• Used to be first port of call online of the day. Thanks, Mr G. Hope you're feeling the love.

• A fully merited doff of the cap to the Gas Man for spending almost 17 years trying to control the Wild West, some people get less for murder!

A hearty thanks to Dr Congo too for stepping up to the plate and taking over the reigns of Gasroom 2.0.

• There's nothing to add to what others have said, but I still have to add my own appreciation for all the GasMan's efforts over so many years.

• Its easy to criticise but I for one really appreciated and looked forward to thecomments of fellow WWFC fans. Thank you for all your hard work.

• not always a regular poster but an avid reader so thanks to the gasman for all his efforts

• Since 1998 I've rarely posted but always read the gasroom.

• Thanks Gasman

• Thank you for giving me so much enjoyment over the last few years. You were very wise to close the old site down. I look forward to future debates & opinions. Keep up your good work.