Skip to content

Portsmouth FC: Supporters Trust

Read that Portsmouth have just submitted their accounts for year ending 30 June 2015 to Companies House. They show an overall profit of £2000. Haven't looked at the full accounts but one thing I did check was the membership of their Supporters' Trust. It is 2300 which struck me as very low for a club boasting support in the order of 15000. Puts our 1000+ in perspective.

Comments

• Anyone know if they have a Community Share Scheme? Would be interesting to know how many contribute to it if so. Only about 15% of our members have invested.

• Debatable use of the word 'only'.

I would argue that 15% of a membership donating their own money is a pretty good return in the current climate.

• The choice of words used by @Right_in_the_Middle highlights one reason why not more have invested: putting money in the share scheme is seen by some (myself included) to be making a donation, rather than a serious investment with a potentially positive financial return.

• I see it as slightly more than making a donation, in that there is an element of ownership involved. Even if what you own doesn't have any significant financial value, it's something you believe in and you get some pleasure and satisfaction from you involvement.

• @tom_doust said:
    I see it as slightly more than making a donation, in that there is an element of ownership involved. Even if what you own doesn't have any significant financial value, it's something you believe in and you get some pleasure and satisfaction from you involvement.

Agree with your comments. Now we're fan owned I've 'invested' a little money in the hope it'll help the club. From my recollection of the scheme's promotion there was very little about returns, even of your original capital. It was alsoi not clear if it gave you any ownership. In the absence of such information I can fully understand why people have decided not to invest even if they were to have 'spare' cash.