Skip to content

Football managers.

what is the official. role of a football manager.

Comments

• What a strange post.

In association football, a manager is responsible for running a football club or a national team. The manager may also serve as the head coach of the team.
    The manager of a professional club is responsible directly to the club chairman.

• I think it might be the post of a computer in the early days of an artificial intelligence programme.

Be nice or it might go all Terminator on us.

• Well it has comprehensively failed the Turing test.

• Harry Redknapp and Terry Venables roles were a little more complex than that, allegedly !!

• I wonder how long before it turns racist.

• edited March 2016

A manager is not necessarily "directly" responsible to the Chairman. Some clubs have an intermediary Director of Football to whom the manager reports to. Watford for instance have a Head Coach who reports to a Sporting Director who in turn reports to the Chief Executive. I am sure there are other st ructural models within the Leagues.

• What is official. the roll of. Gasroom? 101111011000001011100 syntax error

• Is that the number of goals we've scored in our last 20 odd matches?

• What is official. the roll of. Gasroom? 101111011000001011100 syntax error

To maintain the Gasroom tradition of moaning and finding something to criticise no matter what as celebrating is just too easy

• @bill_stickers
    March 29
    Well it has comprehensively failed the Turing test.

I would have thought it passed, as no AI attempting to pass itself off as a human would write with such mangled punctuation.

• Thank you Mooneyman for your reply much better than the rest of the dross from people who would rather take the piss than give intelligent answers!.

• I don't think anyone quite understands the question, or at least the intent behind the question. That is why the answers have not always been sensible.

If you want a definition of a word, Google or a dictionary is probably better than this forum.

• Surely the point is there is no 'official role'. It's varies so much from club to club and manager to manager. I never thought for one minute it was a serious question so sorry brittanywanderer

• The only thing we can be sure of is if a Director of Football is appointed...the manager is ****ed!

• Having looked over my question about football managers role in a club I think I could have put it better so I apologise for my rant. I will also let it be known I do enjoy banter and humour,and I am not a miserable old sod.?