Skip to content

Holloway up for PFA League One player of the month

http://www.skysports.com/pfa-fans-player-of-the-month-vote/league-1

Such a shame, for whatever reason, we didn't see the best of him here. I do wonder if he had just maybe seen a run of games then maybe we would have.

Comments

• Sadly, AAH rarely gets a run of games, mainly due to injuries. It looks as if he's out injured again (ankle) - possibly for some time according to John Sheridan.

• I think we saw the very best of him last season during the last few games of the season and due to a variety of factors he struggled to live up to that again. It's a real shame but he does struggle with injuries and giving him a run of games is tough.
    Watched him play on the TV for a bit at the weekend and whilst he did ok he didn't do anything I hadn't seen him do for us. Maybe he suffered in comparison to that great spell or maybe that was his time in the sun.
    Really hope he gets fit again soon. He has too much talent to waste it.

• AAH didn't get a run of games at Wycombe because for whatever reason whenever he played he didn't justify starting the next week and I daresay it was the same in training. It is unfair to suggest he didn't have opportunities, the squad is too small for that, he simply didn't take them. Sometimes human beings have to leave their current employer in order to shine at the next one. Shame but it happens. AAH may go on to play premier league, and good luck to the lad, that would not be a rod to beat the current management of WWFC for.

• He is no better than the forwards we have his face just didn't fit or he wasn't trying hard enough for GA or a bit of both, Waddock used to fall out with players all over the place thank goodness GA seems to be able to keep a good relationship with most.

• May go on to play Premier league Dev? I'd wait for him to have more than a good 3month run in the basement divisions first old son!

• This > @DevC said:

AAH didn't get a run of games at Wycombe because for whatever reason whenever he played he didn't justify starting the next week and I daresay it was the same in training. It is unfair to suggest he didn't have opportunities, the squad is too small for that, he simply didn't take them. Sometimes human beings have to leave their current employer in order to shine at the next one. Shame but it happens. AAH may go on to play premier league, and good luck to the lad, that would not be a rod to beat the current management of WWFC for.

Totally agree!

• he won't !

• edited March 2016

AAH declined a extension for whatever reason so if GA didn't rate him (team unity and harmony) why offer a contract, subsequently wasn't included for 3 games or but 10 minutes of a game when we where losing and game that was much lost, as those who GA did rate and decide was he best team didn't bring home the bacon. Nothing much said about those we played practically all game.

Consequently AAH moved out on loan, for all the good wishes you get the same folks wishing for him to fail and to their dismay hate the fact that he was doing well in a struggling league 1 side, who's fight to get out of their relegation is looking promising.

So the heckles of he may get a game in a conference side are quashed I dear day as according to the Latics forum he has been one of their best players alongside their other 5/6 loanees. Couple this with MOTM, his 2 goals and possible hat trick if not for a unsighted linesman, is now up for this PFA League 1 so @mooneyman and @rmjlondon keep up the sperging and the remarks about Luke "to man up" and Ugwu a "donkey" typifies your contempt for particular players for whatever reason you feel once your at keyboard or your mobile.

So as a Chairboy I applaud GA and staff for assisting AAH, Ugwu and Luke and giving them the opportunities to apply their trade and hopefully they bring in future more needed funds, so we can, as a Club nurture/develop more young prospects and last chancers into our team/squad and if we reach our goals (5year plan) a u18/21 reserve side.

Well done Ainsworth/Howard.

PS I wish AAH a speedy recovery and Luke ofc a designer face protector for his noise.

• blimey cider can be bloody strong

• You really are thick Cider. My comment regard Luke was said in irony in response to Wendovermans unfair post. I am sorry that this went above your head and I will in future bear in mind your lack of common sense. I have posted many times on here that I was hoping Luke would be offered a new contract as a matter of urgency.

Regarding Holloway I stand by my previous comments. If Gareth didn't think he was worth more playing time despite our less than prolific other strikers then there must be a problem. I do however wish him to do well at another club but for whatever reason he did not fit in at Adams Park.

You clearly dislike everything I say, so why don't you use the ignore button?