Skip to content

we have signed another striker ..........

Comments

• Jerrel Sellers

• The new man in action, welcome to AP Jerell.

• Maybe this Sellers will get a game!

• Great, another unproven young player

• Looking foward to Jerell's debut.

• Needs to work on his goal celebration , all a bit A A-H, his video is less impressive than Liburn, so let's see ....

• To be fair, he scored an excellent goal against Arsenal U21s last week (it's clipped on his twitter profile). Small, pacey player who seems to play behind a front man. Wonder if GA will combine him with Liburd or Ugwu for a traditional little & quick / large & powerful combo.

As a sidepoint, I think we can now assume it's curtains for Kretzschmar. Which will leave just Anthony Stewart standing from that fabled youth team.

• Max is injured and judging by GA comments on Sam Wood I would expect Max to get a new deal.

• There's a lovely finish around the 1m 40s mark of that video.

• what are the comments on Sam Wood? That he's likely to be on his way out?

• Looks like we becoming 'A Sellars club'.

• <3 the klaxon

• I wonder if a player who cannot get a game in the weakest premier league team since Derby County is going to set Division 4 alight. Like to be wrong, but the Liburd has not pulled up any trees. U21 football is hardly competitive since the reserve leagues folded.

• Look forward to seeing him upfront may work well with ugwu and Hayes or Thomson.

• Judging by my interpretation of GA's comments on the new lad, I would be surprised if he was anything but a bench warmer for the first few games. He needs to go through the process of being "Wycombeised". That is at least a 21 day process!

• As long as he gets the goals I couldn't give a Sh.. how he celebrates.

• @scralet; said: "Look forward to seeing him upfront may work well with ugwu and Hayes or Thomson." as well as Liburd.

• Seems a bouncy character with a bit of determination and composure in front of goal. Particularly liked that dink over the advancing 'keeper. Thanks to @Kimble_Blue for posting the video clip.

• @Fit2drop said:
    I wonder if a player who cannot get a game in the weakest premier league team since Derby County is going to set Division 4 alight. Like to be wrong, but the Liburd has not pulled up any trees. U21 football is hardly competitive since the reserve leagues folded

Welcome to Wycombe

Young lad damned before kicking a ball for us ✅
    Hope he proves me wrong arse-cover comment ✅

• no @Malone that most players would be happy with the season he has had, its his own exceptional standards that have not been met this year but most players would be happy with the form he is showing.

• at the end of the day, Trotta came in from U21 Football and scored goals, its just how the cookie crumbles, if the lad plays and gets a goal he will probably go on and do well, the longer he waits for a goal the harder it becomes.

• Good sensible positive comments @rmjlondon.

• edited March 2016

I am still hopeful we will make our loan quoter 6 players today ..... we shall see.

• and yes I know only 5 can be named in the matchday squad

• arnos. I will take the comment on board, but I stand by my main point that there is very little competitive football at the u21 and below age groups. It makes it very difficult for the players to make an immediate impact, which is what we need from strikers. The young defender we got from AV was poor for us but did well for Newport. It took him time to adjust. I have played against 2 academy side relatively recently. The intensity is poles away from League 2. League 2 is bruising and you have no time on the ball, whereas academy football is almost non contact.
    Not covering my ar5e, I really do hope he does well. I suspect he will start on the bench and be expected to change the game at 80 minutes, which is even more of a challenge.

• Out of interest when was your last League Two game @Fit2drop ?
    Interesting analysis and a damning inditement of the football our youngsters are playing. I've heard much the same a couple of times recently.

• @Fit2drop; agree big time. I too have been to many Academy matches (season ago I might add) and totally agree, at least last year, Academy it's miles apart from awesome splendour in comparison to the physical, no sh1ts given, pace and high intensity of our league.

I'm guessing that 5-10 minutes to give Jerrell's match experience and hopefully change it up and give the opposition defenders something to think about, providing we give Jerell's the right type of service and support.

• I would be very surprised if he is only sub. yes we won't be putting pressure on him but we need somebody who is willing to run the channels and get in behind the opposition, we have been crying out for somebody of this ilk for along time.

• I think he's signed as cover with the loan window closing, similar to the Villa keeper brought in as backup.