Skip to content

FA Cup starts this Saturday (Aug 6th)

It’s that time when the road to Wembley next May begins for local sides with the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round taking place on Saturday (3pm kick-offs).

For those not travelling to Bolton here are the local games you may like to take in:

Burnham v Easington Sports

Flackwell Heath v Keynsham T

Risborough Rangers v Holyport

In addition, Ascot United are at home on Friday 5th August.

Comments

• Thanks as ever Andy. I’m looking to go to Burnham today so look forward to seeing any fellow Wycombe fans there

• Local results today in the FA Cup:

Burnham 1 Easington Sports 1

Flackwell Heath 4 Keynsham 0

Risborough Rangers 0 Holyport 1

Flackwell Heath are now at home to Slimbridge in the FA Cup Preliminary Round on Sep 3rd.

• Went to the Burnham game. First time I’ve been there since Wycombe played them in the good old B&B cup back in the 1980s.

Nice facilities (they no longer share with the local cricket club who have moved a few hundred yards down the road )

Burnham started well and got an early goal and should’ve had two or three more but paid for it when Easington got a late equaliser A poor game and I may have not been the only one who was quite relieved to hear that they don’t pay extra time on the first match at this stage of the tournament

Bar manager was very keen to remind me that Wycombe ladies play their home games there.friendly people

• My local side Ashford Town were involved in a fantastic FA Cup tie. 7 second half goals saw them scrape an 8-0 win over Saltdean United.

• The Burnham cup replay is at Easington Sports (in Banbury) at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9th August.

• Both Aylesbury utd and Aylesbury vale dynamos won

• The BBC have announced that they will be showing the Marlow v Thame FA Cup game I believe on the red button and possibly the iPlayer. Date of game Saturday 20th of August kickoff time 12:30 pm

A game to watch/go to if you are not going up to Barnsley (or even if you are )