Skip to content

Loan watch

A quick scan to Oldham and Barrow. AAH sub'd after less than an hour - yet to score. Rowe didn't feature.

Comments

• Bit worrying if Rowe can't force his way into a mid table conference team.

• Thanks NorthumberlandBlue, explains his absence.

• Read oldhams forum and they have a big match tues so I expect they are saving AAH . They speak very highly of him I see and getting game time.

• And wishing Rowe a speedy recovery.

• @scarlet said:
    Read oldhams forum and they have a big match tues so I expect they are saving AAH . They speak very highly of him I see and getting game time.

It's nice to see that AAH has got such a supportive family.

• @arnos_grove said:

@arnos_grove said:

Don't no what you mean family I am not. Just keeping up with those who are out on loan at the moment.

• @scarlet said:
    Don't no what you mean family I am not. Just keeping up with those who are out on loan at the moment.

If you say so.

• who cares, shame for danny rowe and glad to be shot of AAH

• It's interesting reading that Barrow article. Looks like Rowe was deployed up there as a midfielder, spraying the ball around and creating chances. Reading between the lines I wonder if Ainsworth sent him up there specifically to get experience playing in this unfamiliar position, with the Barrow boss having to promise to field him in midfield rather than defence. It's a real shame about the injury but I hope we'll be seeing a lot of Rowe in our midfield next season.

• edited March 2016

@rmjlondon; I care, especially if they our Wycombe players.

• he is not our player anymore, there is NO WAY on this earth he will ever be back here as a WWFC. We are well shot of him lazy bone idle arse !

• @Ciderk1d said:
    rmjlondon; I care, especially if they our Wycombe players.

Press ignore its great we have that option. Zzzzzz

• I for one would be very happy if Mr Holloway found himself back in our team. Now I understand that passion, commitment and work rate are very important but at the moment we have too many players ie (Bloomers, Bean, wood,) who have all the desire in the world but not a lot of quality. People are annoyed at the fact we are not scoring goals and I believe this is down to a imbalance of flair and technical ability vs commitment. Aaron Holloway has that quality and if given another chance (I hope he does) can prove himself to be the player that we saw coming through at the tail end of the year.

• I would dispute your claim that Bean has limited ability. In my view he is an essential part of the team doing the dirty work and would be even more effective if he had a couple of ball players around him.

• Yes agreed very effective player and in my opinion first 15 games of he season he was excellent, but his game is tackling heading and distributing to the other players, not nice quality touches and being a goal threat. Which is what Holloway would Definately add.

• I haven't seen Holloway add anything of note this season. For whatever reason, he wasn't up for it and has been a grave disappointment who's highly unlikely to turn out for us again.

• @scarlet; I am good, pointing out the FACTS about loanee's, just imagine if we make the playoffs.

• Good to see Aaron Holloway scored a hat trick today, shame only two were in his opposition goal

• "Only" two? A better use of the word only might be "Holloway is the only Wycombe player to score two in one game this season."

Disclaimer: I have the memory of a man thrice my age. May be factually incorrect.

• A A-H was a classy layer but he didn't want to play for his place and force himself into our side, so he is no more, let's get behind the lads who, might not have the same natural ability, but do have the application and do want to play for Wycombe.

• Not sure if he is a ' classy layer'! but he was a ' classy player!

• @drcongo Thompson scored two away at Barnet (though one was a penalty).

• "only two" indeed.

oh for a striker of ours to "Only" score 2 over a few months!

• @aloysius said:
    drcongo Thompson scored two away at Barnet (though one was a penalty).

Barnet was a long time ago for a memory like mine.

• edited March 2016

@Malone; so what would happen if we make the playoffs with our loanees as I believe AAH for example would be legible to play as he is our player.

He's got a few assists, played more than 80 minutes in most of their games (defo match fit, hasn't been anyway near their bench) and scored a few today and MOTM in League 1. Would you welcome AAH back for those important games in May?

• @Malone - Aaron Holloway IS "a striker of ours" and the frustrating part about it is that he is playing regularly and doing so well at a higher level. It is extremely rare, I think, for a player to be loaned to a club at a higher level. This is an ongoing dilemma which, like others, I would like to see resolved, however unlikely that may be.
    I have a dream that PCH will recover more quickly than expected and he and AAH will both play in the playoffs!

• I meant like other people - not other dilemmas!

• edited March 2016

@Ciderk1d , if he came back, said look, I've not had the best attitude, but I'm 100% up for helping out, I'd definitely have him back in the squad. Noone can tell me that Ugwu or the new Reading guy are better than him on what they've shown so far.

And Ainsworth has shown he doesn't hold grudges if it's for the better of the club, as a certain sheepish young Stuart example shows. I think a lot of people would have happily waved him off down to non league with some choice words, but instead he came back, but it's turned out a good move for both sides.

• we have it all to do to get into the playoffs, we need to win both games over Easter or I think its over for this season.