Skip to content

Comments

• Rowan Liburd

• He has scored twice at Adams Park this season - in their u21s draw with Everton and their defeat to Southampton

• Excellent. He seems just the kind of player we are looking out for.

Another great piece of business by Gaz.

• I hope he's good with no service and long high balls!

• Blimey he's a big fella! Could be what we've needed for the last few months i just hope GA has the bottle to start him and not leave him on the bench until the 89th minute.

• One month emergency loan initially.

• Oh I like the look of him.

• Great news and a well done GA.

• no problem with a bit of height in the box now by the look of it

• A couple of nice goals (20th and 80th minutes) here:

• 28 years ago since we signed our last Rowan, who was also well over 6ft and was once pretty quick.
    Unfortunately the days when Mr Dodds used to terrorise defences had also gone by the time he had arrived at Loakes Park.
    He was a shadow of the striker who was unplayable at times during the early 80's when wearing a Rebels jersey.

• Looking at the size of the player, I hope this isn't going to encourage even more hoofing!

• Chas that's because he used to eat to many Bacon rolls in the mornings at Instron. Plus I used to bore him to death asking about stuff all the time.

• If we are going to play hoof ball we might as well do it properly. Liburd and Ugwu up front would be a handful for any defence.

• @M3G Was Rowan amongst the infamous 'Instron bacon smuggling gang' ?
    The one's who used to strategically hide the rashers under the beans and fried bread when approaching the cashier ??
    Surely he was not amongst the bacon rustlers who received lengthy canteen bans and suspensions for this rogue practice.

• That a great signing lets hope ...

• This is an amazing signing, if you have seen his pace, power and skill you will know that he will destroy the old central defensive donkey's of League Two, we just have to get the ball to him, McG has a big part to play in this, early through balls just inside the attacking half and Rowan will score for us. Looking forward to a great month.

• Seen him play 5 or 6 times this season. Excellent player. Much better than Ugwu.

By all accounts there was interest from League One, so he's probably joined you because you're seen as a good fit. I think he'll do very well for you and help you secure a playoff spot.

If you play him and our senior strikers stay fit, I think the loan will be extended until the end of the season.

• Who was the last unknown quantity to make his debut at short notice at Newport? Whatever became of him. Wonder if HE scores a few goals these days.

• You lot all sound excited, so I'm happy with this then!

Roll on a big impact!

• Crikey, he looks huge, when compared to GA in the Beeb photo!

• Probably an 87th sub tomorrow start with with that waste of space Thompson

• Leading scorer Thompson? Also I think your prediction will turn out to be incorrect.

• 7goals is quite poor for a striker

• @ChasHarps Ha ha yes I think I encouraged him! As soon as he left Wycombe he had left Instron.

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=401156340048923&set=a.401152556715968.1073741827.100004636818261&type=3&source=11
    He's looking a bit different these days, interesting that he's working at John Lewis in Milton Keynes, is that not the same place that Glyn Creaser had his forklift accident ?

• 7 goals at this point in the season is on target for 10 goals in the season isn't it? And that doesn't sound terrible. Not up there with your Stonebridge or Faulconbridges.

• That's it bigred keep that positivity going...

• @bigred87 = @richmayes999 . What an effin waste of our valuable oxygen!