Skip to content

Match day thread: Tranmere

2»

Comments

• Why bring holloway into this ??

• This was the 2nd of Aaron's 2 suspension games , that said Danny R played ok but Alfie looks less assured without Pierre.

• Well done fans.

• Wouldn't quote for some reason.

• @Ciderk1d said:
    Dad.
    @Glenactico said:
    McClure can actually score goals and yet always gets criticised. Holloway couldn't score in a brothel and he is the best thing since sliced bread. Baffling.
    @Glenactico said:
    McClure can actually score goals and yet always gets criticised. Holloway couldn't score in a brothel and he is the best thing since sliced bread. Baffling.

• Great win.

In cruise control without creating much then we scored which sparked them into life and that's when they got the goal, was thinking I'd be happy to go in now at 1-1 ht when Fred went through and scored.

Second half was a masterclass in killing a game, they barely troubled us and Fred was a constant threat but tired a little late on. McClure come on as Saunders was knackered, didn't see the contact but stupid of him to put himself in a position to be sent off. We had a clear shout for a pen but the ref shit himself and GA went ballistic in front of us.

The only way they were going to score was from a cross, I'm a big fan of Ingram and he made a great save late on but he needs to come of his line more and command his box. His kicking was spot on tonight too.

All in all it was a great win against a poor side, if we wanted I thought we could of killed the game off with a third goal but if Am honest I'm glad we never as I had a fiver on Fred last goal wycombe 2-1 at 50/1.

Rounded off a perfect night for me oh and made it back for M3G to catch his last train home.

• Forgot to add 6 mins added time, was expecting 3 or 4 max. Joke

• How could you see through that prawn sandwich?

• Haha. Well next time I promise to sit with 'paying' fans....

• 165 away fans. Make that 167.

• Yes he cleared off the line but the lino had already flagged for offside.

• I get the feeling that this was a big result for the players.The trip on SW for second penalty was absolutely a given.On 69 mins Matt McClure's jumped up for a header,missed it and come away with a red card.Very harsh dcision from the ref.

• Just seen the sending off, he jumped for the ball but he wasn't leading with his arm. It looks a harsh red.

• @Will_i_ams said:
    Just seen the sending off, he jumped for the ball but he wasn't leading with his arm. It looks a harsh red.

Looks very very harsh. The arm is across his chest, Matty was looking at the ball the whole time and their player went down lack a sack of spuds. We have to appeal that.

• M3GM3G
    edited March 2015

Surprised not more has been said about the penalty that was not given. We were sat in the Main Stand on the halfway line and could clearly see it was a penalty, the bloke behind me could not believe it wasn't given and he was a Home fan! Overall we deserved the three points. Very comfortable for the first half an hour, Tranmere up to that point had hardly ventured into our half we had several half chances in that first period. Tranmere came into the game strongly after that and could have scored before they did. But I always felt we were in control and even with ten men in the 2nd half never thought we wouldn't take all three points. Cheers to @Ryan_w for the lift back to the station and company as always, much appreciated @LX1 haha but at least you got a "Ticket to Ride"

• It looked like a blatant penalty. The ref just didn't want to give 2, but the guy has taken Wood out plain and simple.

• https://gasroom.org/profile/164/Ryan_W
    The only way they were going to score was from a cross, I'm a big fan of Ingram and he made a great save late on but he needs to come of his line more and command his box. His kicking was spot on tonight too.

Agreed Ryan, opposition seems to have sensed Ingram has a big weakness in coming off his line and collected high balls. In recent weeks teams have crowded the six yard box, in knowledge that Matt is likely to stay put on his line.
    Tranmere's equaliser was in the air for an age,before being headed in from inside the six yard box, these really should be meat and drink for a keeper of ingrams height.

• @Rob "Yes he cleared off the line but the lino had already flagged for offside."

Not sure about that, I could have missed the flag but the header was straight from a corner so couldn't have been offside. Pretty sure it would have counted if Wood wasn't on the back post.

• Agreed ChasHarps & Ryan yet again a soft goal from a cross that was in the air so long any confident keeper should claim. 'One of Ours' Ingram has to sort the crosses out, at the moment it is our Achiles heel, panic sets in & teams are going to home in on that in the run in. To be fair he has started standing on the 6 yd line for corners a bit more & he did punch once and caught one (although he dropped it!) ...
    Cue: 'he's only 21 / made a couple of great saves etc etc' from his adoring fans

• Also remember them having a free header from about 4 yards out in the first half but luckily it was straight at him. Am sure he's aware what hew needs to work on and in truth if he was the finished article he wouldn't be with us.

He we definitely play at a much higher level.