Skip to content

Comments

• Vital, talk about glass half empty.... I say 2 nil win and the gas fans trip up n the way out.

• I expect we will be missing a few seats after we send them back with no points.

• Lock up your horses.

• It's all quite calm in here considering the last time they visited their 'supporters' gave me both my worst moment as a Wycombe fan (celebrating on the pitch) and one of the most motivational moments (celebrating on the pitch).

Maybe I'm alone in this view.

• Not much on their forum either barring a ticket thread.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5878/wycombe-tickets?page=4

Maybe the animosity has been over-hyped.

Aside from all that this is a big game in terms of keeping in touch. Seems like the Northampton game left our fans with their glasses either half-full (we put on a decent display at the league champions-elect) or half-empty (another game goes by where for all our determination we look powderpuff in attack).

It's been a season of mixed emotions so far, I'm not sure how full or empty I feel heading into the final sprint.

A lovely win tomorrow will probably top me up.

• Stand corrected, there's also this shambles of a thread:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6143/weeks-mind-games

• The game which was called off due to the potential lightning bothers them far more than us. No animosity from me there.

They got their comeuppance for their premature pitch invasion when they were subsequently relegated, so animosity for me their either.

The only thing we haven't paid them back for is their farcical attempt to get us relegated via a points deduction, and the blame for that lays mostly with Higgs, who is no longer involved with the club.

They do have a large contingent of horrible fans though, who regularly cause trouble, so I'd like to send them packing with nothing.

• Great analysis as usual (not you Ozzie:) and a point v playoff rivals wouldn't be a bad result. Heart says 2-0 to the Blues, head says don't bet on it!

• I've lived in Bristol for years, not far from the Mem. I've got a few Rovers mates and they're all sound, usual banter. Only time I got any grief was the lightning abandonment. Only one mentioned the points deduction episode and he was pretty embarrassed by the whole thing. Think most of the backlash was misdirected emotion of being relegated and disillusionment at the board.
    City fans on the other hand.....well they've got some real lunatics

• Anyone who seriously moans about that abandonment was either not there or a one eyed idiot.
    I've never seen weather turn from still into a huge storm so quickly.

Portsmouth away is the only one for me that can compete. That was as wet as it gets.

• was there for the original and the replay. Great atmosphere and a pleasure to have been there even if it did mean the abandonment of the prsumably greener pastures of a hippy in Glastonbury

• det er ingen ting som dårlig vær, bare dårlig klar!

• Exactly.

• Couldn't have put it better myself.