Skip to content

Match day thread: Tranmere

BSEBSE
edited March 2015 in Football

Wycombe Team (unchanged) : Ingram, Jombati, Jacobson, Mawson, Rowe, Saunders, Bloomfield, Yennaris, Wood, Onyedinma, Hayes.

Subs: Richardson, Ephraim, Holloway, Craig, Murphy, Fletcher, McClure.

Tranmere Team: Fon Williams, Holmes, McGahey, Dugdale, Ihiekwe, Molyneux, Power, Jennings, Laird, Odejayi, Hugill.

Subs: Ramsbottom, Ridehalgh, Thompson, Kirby, Koumas, Gardner, Hume.

Comments

• Hayes pen 1-0!

• 1-1 :(

• He cant stop scoring its super Fred! 1-2

• Fred 2-1

• What a recruitment he's turned out to be. I've gone from being slightly shocked that he was starting when I turned up in Shrewsbury a few weeks ago, when we hadn't really had much of a chance to see him in action, to wondering if Millwall got the short straw here!

• Final whistle now would be a pleasant thing. Once again results are being kind.

• If they could, Millwall would have taken him back weeks ago. Well done to whoever added the no re-call clause.

• @AttitudeEra said:
    What a recruitment he's turned out to be. I've gone from being slightly shocked that he was starting when I turned up in Shrewsbury a few weeks ago, when we hadn't really had much of a chance to see him in action, to wondering if Millwall got the short straw here!

There's no wonder about it, given the unfortunate long term injury to PCH.

• @PBo said:
    There's no wonder about it, given the unfortunate long term injury to PCH.

Obviously in the short term, but remember in 2 months time they will both be Millwall players. Let's hope Fred's quality can help take us over the (ever nearing) finish line!

• Did hear Bloomfield playing in his preferred position of midfield?

• Commentary mentioned loaness not tracking, time for a subs.

• McClure sent off.

• McClure red after about 10 seconds on the pitch :/

• I am guessing we are seeing the end of McClure's career as a Wycombe player. Can't play more than 1 game before a niggling injury. Then gets another chance and gets sent off. 3 match ban for violent conduct. Plus at least 5 more games out injured and then I guess he will be off to Brackley etc.

• 5 seconds, crikey, must be all time Wycombe record.

• Got to bring Murphy on and defend now. First red card of season for us.

• Dugdale is walking a slippery path, accordingly to the commentary. Dugdale has brought down Fred a few times, while on a yellow.

• Mega squeaky bum time!

• Wow, looks like Gareth is listening! Murphy is on for Blooms

• He can't play two games in a row. Strikers need to have a run to get any kind of form (as was shown by his recent miss-fest). He simply will not have enough games now to get or deserve a run.
    Unless the red is appealed. No basis for thinking that though

• Superb result, well done Blues.

• Fantastic result, shame about Shrewsbury's late winner.

• Get in there, fantastic result. Stress levels are through the roof listening to the commentary...

• McClure can actually score goals and yet always gets criticised. Holloway couldn't score in a brothel and he is the best thing since sliced bread. Baffling.

• BBC report mentions Woody clearing an effort off the line to keep us in the lead at 2-1 - can anyone comment?

• From the commentary, the ball beat everyone and Phil said he was waiting to see the net bulge, then Wood appeared as if by magic and cleared it.

• Is Pierre injured or still serving suspension?