Skip to content

Comments

• Couldn't go much further to keep tabs on him, but as Rowe hails from the North East its understandable.
    The report states Danny as a cultured midfielder, it will be interesting to hear of his performances in that role, because as a central defender he seems to have fallen behind full backs in the pecking order.

• Barrow is a fair way from the North East. I remember a couple of Conference trips there.

Good luck to Danny Rowe. I think some Wycombe fans with short patience might have given up on him. I think he'll become a really important player for us with a bit of luck and a following wind.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said "Good luck to Danny Rowe. I think some Wycombe fans with short patience might have given up on him. I think he'll become a really important player for us with a bit of luck and a following wind."

I agree.

• I was very impressed with him in his first spell and he's still only 20. The loan seems a good move for him to continue his development.

• Footballers need games so all the best Rowe at Barrow.

• Endorse what @Chris says. Good luck Danny - hope it goes well.

• Good luck Danny. I do think some people forget that some of our players are very young. Just because Sellars and Rowe are not starting does not mean they are not highly rated and/or have fallen out with someone. We have no youth team so I think it's perfectly normal to have two or three youngsters on our books who are available for the first team if absolutely necessary, but who are seen mainly as development prospects. It's sensible to send them on loan for short periods so they get game time but also to include them in the squad occasionally to bolster numbers in training and to monitor progress and Wycombise them.

Not the most ideal choice of team in terms of sending people to watch him though.

• One of those players it'd be good to fit in, but where?

He'll never keep Jacobsen or Jombati out, and they have 2 year deals left.
    Pierre is an absolute colossus who is 1st name on the team sheet.

Stewart and McCarthy have more than Rowe.

The fact we went out for that Villa guy, and then McCarthy was pure writing on wall stuff.

Midfield? Not keeping Bean, Bloom or O Nien out. And then you have McGinn who is ahead of him too.

Makes Sellars prospects look rosy!

• @Malone I'd have had Rowe ahead of Bloomfield in midfield but that's probably just me

• I doubt Pierre or McCarthy will be here next season so there's an opportunity there.

• All the best Danny get some game time and enjoy.

• Fair does @eric_plant , I just don't see him as a mid.
    When we first had him, we had a pretty poor squad, so him and Pierre coming in was a real lift.
    But the 2 Js have re-defined what to expect from a full back for us, and he's simply not tough enough for a centre back in the Oafball league 2 set up.

• edited February 2016

@Malone "The fact we went out for that Villa guy, and then McCarthy was pure writing on wall stuff." Excellent!
    I feel sure that Daniel (Rowe), who is renowned for his wisdom, will have deciphered the writing on the wall, and knows that while he may have been weighed he will not be found wanting.

• Give it a rest @Malone . Danny Rowe is, quite rightly at the moment, behind some decent players in the pecking order in both defence and midfield.
    Doesn't mean he's a bad player though. Anything but. He's more than capable of becoming a key player at some stage during his contract.

• I'm trying to think of an example of a player who has "Bubbled away" for a year or 2 to go onto be a key player for us, in the last decade or so? Even less so since we went so small of squad.

Love to be proved wrong, but chances are we'll simply go and replace whichever of the fullbacks, O Nien or Pierre go first rather than put Rowe in for an extended time

• Danny was given a great and long contract. Don't have any fear he won't be a success. He is highly thought of. He needs games and this will be great way to get some matches played and valuable game time.

• totally agree with @M3G he is a quality young player who just needs games.

• @Malone Josh Scowen?

• I think he's a decent shout, but a bit different, as he was completely out of the picture, played a game, and from that moment in was a mainstay.
    Rowe has had his little regular spell, and it's all gone a bit stale

• @Malone I think your borderline abusing the lad, he doesn't even have a position within the squad and when he has played its been right back mainly which I don't think is his position.

• Alex Lynch has a decent chance of being the next one.

• @Malone Matt Ingram, Anthony Stewart, Matt McClure, Josh Scowen, Kadeem Harris, Matt Philips. Most spent at least a fair while not in the first team squad as youngsters before becoming first team regulars when they got a bit older and had been through a few loan spells.

• Perhaps Rowe could be used in the role that Josh played protecting our defenders.

• @robin Marcus Bean played that role to very good effect v Exeter and I hope we employ the same system tomorrow at Northampton as I really do see this game as a free hit.

• Interesting comment from GA last night re Danny."he would only allow Barrow to have him on one month loan as he expects him to feature at some point in the last 10 games or so for WWFC". Good business in getting him match fit.

• Another indication, perhaps, that, once the targetted 61 points are on the table, the focus will be on preparation for next year in League Two; giving the fringe players opportunities to prove their worth, rather than bringing in expensive loanees to challenge for promotion.

If it takes another 8 or 10 games to get to 61 points and we find we are pretty much outside the promotion race when we get there, then that seems fair enough.

If, on the other hand, we were to get 12 points from the next 6 games, hit the magic 61 figure, and find ourselves just a point or two from automatic promotion with 10 games to go, then it would be a very disappointing end to the season if we didn't make a genuine attempt to go up.

• edited February 2016

@Uncle_T Every team should make a genuine attempt to go up every season.

• True @Vital but I would rather the club/Trust reduces the debt as much as possible as fast as possible than make funds available for loan players. Solid business sense!

• Barrow's game on Saturday was postponed - I wonder how many games he will get in the month?

• Rowe did play on Saturday, but there's another Barrow postponement tonight. You have to feel sorry for the lad, going all that way up north and still missing out on game time.