Skip to content

Lowest Scoring Strikers

Who has the poorest rate of return of our strikers?

Loan "stars" that flopped after a month or two don't count.

I'm going with Craig Faulconbridge - a mighty 8 goals in 3 seasons - although to be fair much of that time was spent crocked.

Comments

• Fola Onibuje or Richard Logan FTW

• Neil Davies from Villa was pretty poor. But was it Paul Davies a ginger lad from Arsenal who was high on appearances but totally impotent in front of goal.

• Sure you don't mean Paul Read?

• That's the fella. Age

• We've had quite a lot of goalscorers over our league years, so this season's lot has to be one of the most disappointing years.

However, we're 6th, and I'd take no striker scoring more than 5 or 6 by Feb, over being bottom and a McGleish or Beavon scoring 20 any day!

• Stevie Craig and John Sutton were pretty anaemic. Then there's Ian Stonebridge...although he did score an absolute scorcher once, can't remember who it was against.

Old Dicky Harris was very average, Gavin Holligan etc.

Makes you appreciate the Scotts, Devines and Tysons more though.

Would echo sentiments above re: rather have a thin spread of goals and an elevated league position over one star striker and a mediocre placing.

• Harris did actually score quite a few goals and I remember Holligan scoring with a great diving header, although his main problem was that he was permanently injured. Seem to remember that Nial Thompson scored nowt during his time with us.

• Remember when Damien Markman was the great hope? He missed a sitter first game of the season against Shrewsbury at their old ground (game rescheduled to a Sunday due to clash with flower festival) and that was about it.

• Joe Kuffour must be in the running with a massive 5 goals in 56 games!

• @mooneyman said:
    Joe Kuffour must be in the running with a massive 5 goals in 56 games!

I thought I'd begged people not to mention him on here. I get cold sweats and have to have I lie down when I think back

DrCongo: Any way that an automatic gibberish programme can be set up to obscure his name please?

• Dennis Oli ? scored 0 in 10 for us, and in 359 career games he scored 43. A return of a goal every 8 and half games, making Mr Kuffour look like a good striker with 461 career games & 102 goals. Having a a return of 1 goal in 4 games(shame that form wasn't while with us).

• ops!, As I used to be told in school 'read the question carefully'. Ignore my suggestion of Dennis Oli, he wasn't a loan player but he did "flopped after a month or two".

• @Bluebottle said:
    Harris did actually score quite a few goals and I remember Holligan scoring with a great diving header, although his main problem was that he was permanently injured. Seem to remember that Nial Thompson scored nowt during his time with us.

Harris actually had a pretty damn good scoring record per minutes played, though I'm not claiming he was sustainably a football league quality player, as his subsequent downward career slope showed.

That said, Bas Savage went on to do well at a higher level after us so you never can tell.

• Let's not go too overboard on Richard Harris.
    5 league goals!