Skip to content

So the 'Warriors' return nearly did happen.

Stevie Craig has signed for Forfar, some snippetts from the Forfar dispatch.

And Craig, who saw a return to former club Wycombe Wanderers fall through last month, said he was delighted to come to Angus to play under his former Motherwell teammate Bollan.
“My move back to Wycombe fell through in mid-January there. I was going to be going there as a player-coach but it fell through at the last minute. Dumbarton had been kind enough to let me go.

He added: “My last game was in the Scottish Cup for Dumbarton and I played a bounce game with Wycombe while I was down there.

Comments

• Wonder why it fell through if Gareth wanted him?

• With Paul Hayes publicly declaring he wanted to spend the rest of his career at Adams Park, maybe with his influence on the pitch diminishing as the months go by, he may have his eyes on a player/coach role ?

• Maybe we went for PCH instead.

• Steven Craig was decent for this club, no more no less, and would graft his arse off. Whether he would be the answer to non-scoring issues is another question.

• Looks to have been an either/or PC-H as preferred choice with Craigee as back up, Gaz got his first choice, much as I've always admired Steven's application (please note AA-H) Paris still has so much more potential.

• Easy to view Craig's time here through the rose tinted glasses of his final few weeks. He always was a hard worker, but we have a squad of those already. I'd rather have Paris's flair and eye for goal at this point.