Skip to content

Matt tubbs

Wow he has joined eastleigh on loan! Either that are loaded or we missed a trick!

Comments

• On another forum i read he's on £5,000 a week at Eastleigh so well out of our pay scale.

• Eastleigh are playing massive wages, no way we can compete with them. When they got Constable from the PNLs he got a huge pay rise

• At 5k a week I would imagine he's out of most of the teams in our leagues budget. Be interesting to see if Eastleigh can maintain their push for league
    Football.

• Ideal partner for Strevens

• It certainly looks as if Northampton have been throwing large wads @ the squad. I believe the funds to which you infer, (the small council loan of 10.25 million!!!), have already been diverted to the "Cordoza family" in, ahem, consultancy fees, allegedly of course. The playing budget was subsidised by the non payment of taxes, apparently?

• There was a definite, (according to the BBC), payment of circa £3M to a Cordoza family member under the guise of "consultancy"! What a load of Horlicks that whole fiasco turned out to be. I reckon that Indian consortium that were going to buy the club in the summer & pulled out had spotted the skullduggery and ran for it. Then the Cordoza family ran out of "financial balls" to juggle with.

• how on earth can Eastleigh afford Tubbs salary for goodness sake. It really is going bonkers.

• They only get crowds of less than 2,000.

• I may be wrong but I believe Portsmouth paid a pretty substantial fee for Tubbs didn't they? I don't think he's played a great deal of football recently (mainly due to injury) but he's certainly above Conference level.

Disappointing if he's only gone there for the money, which I assume he has done. League 2 footballers obviously aren't millionaires so can understand why he'd feel the need to do it, but he won't be on a low salary at Portsmouth, and surely playing in front of thousands at Fratton Park every week is better than going away to some of the teams in the conference?!

As for Eastleigh, with the funds at their disposal it's almost embarrassing that they're not running away with the league.

• Tubbs has gone to Eastleigh on LOAN. He continues to be paid under his Portsmouth employment contract paid whatever wage he was entitled to there.

Presumably Eastleigh offered to pay Portsmouth as much a proportion of that salary (or more) as any Lg2 club. Probably doesn't hurt that its just up the road so he doesn't have to live away from home either.

• I've always been amazed by the number of goals Tubbs scored. Seen him plenty of times live and have never really been that impressed with him

• I'm with you there @Right_in_the_Middle. The vast majority of Tubbs goals have come in the Conference and below. Ive always thought his playing style and pace was very similar to that of Elliot Benyon.
    Not sure how he would have suited our style of play.

• Elliot Benyon? Bloody hell, he's on a different planet to that guy. Benyon was a powerpuff midget, with minimal pace. It's a real mystery how he ever scored any.