Skip to content

The Opposition View

What Graham Westley and the Boro fans had to say...

http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=390611

Comments

• 'The Stevenage fans came across exactly as you would expect'

Yup.

• Was expecting worse from them. .

• Giving out abuse to opposition fans AFTER the game (if this really did happen) isn't on though. Stevenage fans need our sympathy to be honest.

• I'm amazed at how much Stevenage fans say they don't like us! I think it must be an attempt of their part to create some kind of artificial local derby, because they don't have any rivals apart from bloody Woking.

I've never given a toss about Stevenage before, and I still don't today.

• Unfortunately the abuse isn't one sided. There is plenty of it in the match day thread.

• @wingnut said:
    Unfortunately the abuse isn't one sided. There is plenty of it in the match day thread.

Where is the abuse of the Stevenage fans on the match day thread? I see plenty of abuse of the team and the manager, who richly deserve it, but not of the fans.

• You are right in that respect but the abuse you do mention will not have endeared us to their supporters.

• The implication of what you say is that we shouldn't criticise the opposition team's tactics in case it upsets their fans. That is surely nonsense.

• Westley's comments are actually pretty fair and reasonable, particularly coming from him, but some vile stuff from a couple of their fans - who'd want another club to go bust? Franchise aside.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Westley's comments are actually pretty fair and reasonable, particularly coming from him, but some vile stuff from a couple of their fans - who'd want another club to go bust? Franchise aside.

they must be a bit touchy about their style of play and as was said before we haven't anything against Stevenage fans just Westleys approach to the game.

• It depends on how you put it. I am not saying that you can't be critical of the opposition team and manager but don't be surprised if their fans take umbrage and remember it for later on.

• End of the day, whatever their tactics was/where worked. They came away with a point, which 99% thought would be 3 points, when Stevenage where awarded a penalty.

We our at the business end of the season, sides like this should be put to the sword.

• Fair comment from BerniceRawlings. 20 odd years ago I worked in London with a Rod Rawlings (probably approaching 80 now). Wonder if Bernice is a daughter/granddaughter.