Skip to content

How were the 2 new boys today?

Comments

• Both looked decent but a little short of match sharpness. Nico pushed too far forward allowing Stevenage to break for their first goal. Saunders put in a couple of excellent crosses. Far better than Ephraim.

• Felt they both did a decent job..saunders not played for 15 months so will certainly improve . Nico at fault IMO for 1st goal and Sam for 2nd.

• Didn't rock my boat. Very surprised no subs after 70 minutes. Oh well.

• Liked the way SS linked up with PH and FO at the start, thought Nico was a little quiet and maybe out of position for the first goal. Overall both looked promising and IMO both fitted in better to our style than Bean has done so far.

• Have to agree with Ozzie on his last point. We didn't give the ball away as much as when Bean plays.

• Both did okay without setting the world alight, they'll improve with game time. Saunders has already been written off by a number of those who sit near me, however.

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    Both did okay without setting the world alight, they'll improve with game time. Saunders has already been written off by a number of those who sit near me, however.

Have to give them time..that was saunders 1st match for 15 months..give them 3/4 more matches and we will start see the best of them.

• Agree totally. Too many around me expect miracles in the first five minutes or the guy's useless.

• Give them both a few weeks and they will be fine. Two good acquisitions. I can't believe people moaning. Must have been the silly old block in the Main Stand who ran down to the away team dugout to throw a few Fs at the Stevenage management team.

• Bloke not block but maybe right first time.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Give them both a few weeks and they will be fine. Two good acquisitions. I can't believe people moaning. Must have been the silly old block in the Main Stand who ran down to the away team dugout to throw a few Fs at the Stevenage management team.

What's wrong with throwing a few "F" s into Westley? I thought that was a recognised national sport! :-)

• I thought they were both good signings and looked calm and collected on the ball. First twenty minutes we looked excellent. From where I was looked like the first goal came about with JJ not challenging the runner and the rest of the defence thinking someone else was going to sort it out...Matty Ingram even stepped back from intercepting as if he's heard a shout. Second goal was a joke.