Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

Comments

• What a start!

• Well that was a quick start!

• Oxford losing to Wednesday

• @perfidious_albion said:
    “like I was sayin’ shrimp is the fruit of the sea, you can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it….”

The gasroom is like a box of chocolates

• edited January 2022

"Oxford get battered everywhere they go" ringing out from the away end. Beautiful.

• Anyone getting 'content not available' on ifollow audio?

• Got audio but even from vipienne I cannot get video

• Another 'I hope to be proved wrong...' moment?

• Wigan 2 Gillingham 0.

• Logged out of everything, logged back in via Czechia and now have video

• edited January 2022

Did their player taking the throw just then want to step a bit further over the touchline? Was the assistant even checking four a foul throw?

• How are Morecambe battling relegation? They have looked dangerous both times we have played them.

• edited January 2022

Conceding the most goals in the league, creating little, and relying on one player for more than half of the goals they score are probably all factors! Their openings today have largely been down to our usual defensive chaos.

• Taf is having a mare here

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Conceding the most goals in the league, creating little, and relying on one player for more than half of the goals they score are probably all factors! Their openings today have largely been down to our usual defensive chaos.

Ahem.

• They've got some fight in them , fair enough, we need to be a bit better and there's goals here for us.

• edited January 2022

Before today, only Gillingham had faced more shots from open play than us (although we had conceded the lowest xG and joint fourth-fewest goals from set-pieces before that one...).

• I have a bad feeling about a red card in this game.

• edited January 2022

We are going to finish the season with a lot of one-goal wins - we'll outscore most teams - but that's going to cost us autos. We've taken our brand from 19/20 and flipped it right on its head.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We are going to finish the season with a lot of one-goal wins - we'll outscore most teams - but that's going to cost us autos. We've taken our brand from 19/20 and flipped it right on its head.

Learnt something new, outscoring the opposition was generally a good thing as far as I knew

• I think Tom is right as the autos/playoff places could well go down to goal difference and ours is poor compared to those around us

• We just don't usually look solid enough to win by 2+ without both Thompson and Scowen in the team. Even at Plymouth, we'd still have won, but some very wasteful finishing on their part helped it finish 3-0.

• I would take a one goal win today if offered!

• Morecambe are absolutely scoring again

• High foot or low head? Yellow seems harsh.

• What is in Grimmer's water?

• get in Jack

• And like buses ...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    "Oxford get battered everywhere they go" ringing out from the away end. Beautiful.

The worst song by far. Makes me cringe every time I hear it.