Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

Comments

• Fair play to all the mad bastards making the trip to Costa del Morecambe in January.

• “like I was sayin’ shrimp is the fruit of the sea, you can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it….”

• Broiling is something that takes place in the New World, over here we grill things.

• Solid badge there, roses, shrimps, that’d be Mrecambe then. BWFC take note.

• For those of us who do not live in the 3CR area, commentary should be available on Beyond Radio on DAB+ - you can listen using the TuneIn app. Of course you’ll have to put up with the Morecambe commentary team but better than nothing.

• @Ed_ said:
    Broiling is something that takes place in the New World, over here we grill things.

If you have a grill oven with the element at the top, that’s technically broiling.

Grill from the bottom, broil from the top

• @TheDancingYak said:

@Ed_ said:
    Broiling is something that takes place in the New World, over here we grill things.

If you have a grill oven with the element at the top, that’s technically broiling.

I can see a fight developing over the exact difference between grilling and broiling. It should be tasty ...

• I think JJ scored his first open-play goal for Wycombe at Morecambe? Or was it just a really long-range free-kick?

• Anyone know if there’s a way of acquiring a cheap (free?) flight to Vipienne? I’ve used Express before - exemplary service and it never failed to get me to Vipienne smoothly and on time. But they only offer business class and I had to pay for a month’s worth of flights.

I gather some people may have been able to find economy alternatives?

• @Glenactico said:
    Anyone know if there’s a way of acquiring a cheap (free?) flight to Vipienne? I’ve used Express before - exemplary service and it never failed to get me to Vipienne smoothly and on time. But they only offer business class and I had to pay for a month’s worth of flights.

I gather some people may have been able to find economy alternatives?

Windscribe will give you 10GB of free data - I’ve used them before and never had any issues (quality, lag, running out of data etc)

• @TheDancingYak said:

@Ed_ said:

I am aware of the distinction that they make in the US, over here we grill things whether it be from above or below. I hope we are not going to start adopting American terms when we have perfectly good ones of our own, Flopping Danny Hylton doesn’t have the same ring.

• edited January 2022

Say it quietly, but just because the Americans tend to use the wrong word or spelling for many things, it doesn’t mean they are always wrong. Sometimes we call things the wrong name too. Hoover anyone? ;-)

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Fair play to all the mad bastards making the trip to Costa del Morecambe in January.

I'll 2nd that !

• @HolmerBlue said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    Fair play to all the mad bastards making the trip to Costa del Morecambe in January.

I'll 2nd that !

Thirded. Hopefully they will be warmed by anotjer three points on the way back!

• I hope we play both Thomo and Scowen in midfield today. I thought we looked very strong last week with those two together.

• @TheDancingYak said:
    Say it quietly, but just because the Americans tend to use the wrong word or spelling for many things, it doesn’t mean they are always wrong. Sometimes we call things the wrong name too. Hoover anyone? ;-)

And often they use the original English word for things eg Fall and errr Broil

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    I hope we play both Thomo and Scowen in midfield today. I thought we looked very strong last week with those two together.

Agree totally...also about time for Josh to get his first of the season!

• edited January 2022

Scowen is one of only two outfield players with more than five starts not to score for us this season

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Scowen is one of only two outfield players with more than five starts not to score for us this season

McCarthy the other?

• My mind went to Kaikai too but I suspect he hasn’t had 5 starts.

• @BlueBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

McCarthy the other?

Yep! Kaikai has started 5. Bayo has 3 goals from 2 starts, pretty efficient stuff!

• @Ed_ said:

It’s a quote from Benjamin’Bubba’ Burford in Forest Gump, very New World me thinks.

• edited January 2022
  • Hope Curtis has had his Weetabix!

• Bayo's other two starts this season were away v northern teams playing in red and white and he scored in both...

• I see McCleary in the hole behind Bayo and Hanlan, with Mehmeti playing closer to Curtis. Made for McCleary this one I reckon!!

Although, would be interesting to see if we go 433 at some point like we did at half time against them
    when we were losing at home.

• He did well to see the game out, then. If they just said he was still knackered from last week, I'd understand.

• Taf was the one I was most worried wouldn't make today given the amount of stretching he kept having to do in the latter stages last week. At least we have Forino back in the squad today. COYB!