Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• @our_frank said:
    I always lean towards the pessimistic view.

I had thought the season ended in May - apparently not. But that's one hell of a turnaround for @bluntphil if we don't go up until the final day!

• @our_frank said:
    yes ... @eric_plant I expect!

Good Friday, Plymouth at home

Akinfenwa winner in the 17th minute of stoppage time

• @eric_plant said:

@our_frank said:
    yes ... @eric_plant I expect!

Good Friday, Plymouth at home

Akinfenwa winner in the 17th minute of stoppage time

I’ve contacted Hollywood, they have taken out an option on the screen rights.

• Thanks @bluntphil. Always look forward to RTB. Merry Xmas to you

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@our_frank said:

I had thought the season ended in May - apparently not. But that's one hell of a turnaround for @bluntphil if we don't go up until the final day!

It could just be an hour of Phil drunkenly bawling "And now you're gonna beliiiiieve us... the Blues are going up!" over and over again and it would be the greatest podcast of all time.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@our_frank said:

It could just be an hour of Phil drunkenly bawling "And now you're gonna beliiiiieve us... the Blues are going up!" over and over again and it would be the greatest podcast of all time.

Would pay to subscribe

• @bluntphil said:
    I’ve been ticking over so far this season but I’m looking forward to coming back in January with some exciting plans to develop RTB for the rest of this season and beyond.

Excellent news, you've got to begin preparations to be Championship ready!

Have a great Christmas, @bluntphil.

• Merry xmas @bluntphil , cheers for another year of fantastic commentary and podcasts. Enjoy your well earned break!

• Whoop whoop it can only make "Ringing The Blues" even better.

• Less than 60 seconds in and we’ve already had some great news - Phil remains on comms, including on 3CR, for the foreseeable future.

• Superb to see that day 1 Phil got his hands on some stash from the club shop. An excellent start

• Great news. You can say what you like about the Couhigs...and many do...they are doing something for the club.

• Is it just me or did Phil even sound more official this week?

• Great interview with Pete. Part of me is a bit sad that it seems as though the Opposition View has seemingly gone but understandable.

• @Gary said:
    Great interview with Pete. Part of me is a bit sad that it seems as though the Opposition View has seemingly gone but understandable.

It'll be back!

• Yes just finished listening and was delighted to hear that!

• I love RTBs and we’ve been really lucky to be given them by Phil most weeks.

I was just about to bemoan the lack of an opposition view and air concerns about it becoming corporate, but right at the end Phil said it will be back again next week.

I hope we can keep a lot of the quirkiness we’ve been used to, in my view it makes RTBs the great show that it is.

• Great that RTB is back, will Uri be back?

One Q, was it just me or was the sound for all the interviews a bit poor? Didn’t seem as good as previous interviews on RTB and weirdly they didn’t sound as good as they had done when part of the videos on the website?

• Uri is irreplaceable! But great to have RTB in house. We are blessed

• Thanks everyone. Essentially, it’ll be business as usual (including Uri and Oppo View) but with the added benefit of scope to develop RTB as up until this week it’s been done in my spare time.

Agree on the sound quality of the interviews and we are already working on making that sound better for the pod.

As ever, feedback and ideas welcome, for RTB and other content you’d like to see/hear.

• @bluntphil said:
    Thanks everyone. Essentially, it’ll be business as usual (including Uri and Oppo View) but with the added benefit of scope to develop RTB as up until this week it’s been done in my spare time.

Agree on the sound quality of the interviews and we are already working on making that sound better for the pod.

As ever, feedback and ideas welcome, for RTB and other content you’d like to see/hear.

Maybe a few more short one on one interviews with players and managers from the clubs past covering iconic games, memories, and life after Wycombe.
    Steve Brown, Mark Rogers, Kieth Ryan, Simon Garner, etc

• @bluntphil do you have access to any kind of archive of Wycombe footage? - or is it continuing as a sound-only pod? Seems I may have got a bit confused between WW media, and Wycombe TV...

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @bluntphil do you have access to any kind of archive of Wycombe footage? - or is it continuing as a sound-only pod? Seems I may have got a bit confused between WW media, and Wycombe TV...

It absolutely has to remain as a sound only pod, otherwise what am I going to listen to while I'm doing the washing up?

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@bluntphil said:
    Thanks everyone. Essentially, it’ll be business as usual (including Uri and Oppo View) but with the added benefit of scope to develop RTB as up until this week it’s been done in my spare time.

Maybe a few more short one on one interviews with players and managers from the clubs past covering iconic games, memories, and life after Wycombe.

I would add to that list...Gary Smith, Martin Taylor, Dannie Bulman, Jonny Dixon, Kevin Betsy, Leon Johnson, Tommy Mooney.

• Carlos Lopez please.

• George Borg please, and it will give us a chance to see how useful Philly Catch is with a bleep machine.

• @Chris said:
    Carlos Lopez please.

Maybe Sergio Torres could do something for our Spanish fans

• @Rolo said:

@LeedsBlue said:
    @bluntphil do you have access to any kind of archive of Wycombe footage? - or is it continuing as a sound-only pod? Seems I may have got a bit confused between WW media, and Wycombe TV...

It absolutely has to remain as a sound only pod, otherwise what am I going to listen to while I'm doing the washing up?

I prefer to listen to it in the bath

• @YorkshireBlue said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@bluntphil said:

I would add to that list...Gary Smith, Martin Taylor, Dannie Bulman, Jonny Dixon, Kevin Betsy, Leon Johnson, Tommy Mooney.

Pretty sure many of these have already been on the Wycombe Sound podcast. Excellent Danny Senda interview recently.