Skip to content

January transfer window

Comments

• When you think of JJ, Bayo, Thompson, Mehmeti, McLeary and to some extent Vokes...Gareth and Dobbo's recruitment of discarded or unloved players has to be second to none!

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    There is a deal to be done with Derby.
    Give us Tom Lawrence, save his wages and a potential £6m claim..........it won't happen btw

Ref my post earlier at 1.13 on the Derby thread

• Are we signing THE STRIKER a year too late?

Is it Dave Tarpey?

• ABH
    Anyone but Hylton

• @DJWYC14 said:
    I just have a feeling Mawson is coming back

Rumours that Birmingham want him, doubt we could compete

• We touched on that earlier I believe @Username.

• Sorry, missed that comment!

Wouldn't mind not signing anyone this window, but to not even have any remote rumours by now feels strange.

• Deli Alli > @Username said:

@DJWYC14 said:

Is that the Birmingham who are reportedly over £120m in debt and mortgaged their ground to the hilt!

• No chance Mawson drops down to League One (thank me later)

• Could it be the long awaited signing of Ruth?

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    The big man Andy Carroll is in our mould but probably not within our wage budget!

Think Reading currently have him on something like 1k a week!

• Can't believe Gareth would throw teasers out if we weren't pretty close to something.

He's not one to do that.

• My understanding is it could be Liam Moore from Reading.

He's a 28 year old CB, played 230 games for Reading since 2016 and up until this week had been captain. He's been injured since Nov with a soft tissue injury but is back in full training now.

He's handed in a transfer request but by all accounts does not want to move from the Reading area.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    No chance Mawson drops down to League One (thank me later)

Also we have had him before. So doesn't fit the "haven't been able to go for before" clue.

• edited January 2022

@wwfcblue said:
    My understanding is it could be Liam Moore from Reading.

He's a 28 year old CB, played 230 games for Reading since 2016 and up until this week had been captain. He's been injured since Nov with a soft tissue injury but is back in full training now.

He's handed in a transfer request but by all accounts does not want to move from the Reading area.

Good shout that

• My Reading pal reckons he's on 35k a week and is good when the going is good but drops tools when not.

However Reading binned McCleary off and the rest is history!

• @Malone said:
    My Reading pal reckons he's on 35k a week and is good when the going is good but drops tools when not.

Sounds like our type of signing! Reading are going to be in huge financial trouble very soon aren’t they?

• @mooneyman said:
    Deli Alli > @Username said:

@DJWYC14 said:

Is that the Birmingham who are reportedly over £120m in debt and mortgaged their ground to the hilt!

Sounds like the EFLs fault

• @StrongestTeam said:

@mooneyman said:
    Deli Alli > @Username said:

@DJWYC14 said:

Sounds like the EFLs fault

*Wycombe's fault

• My Reading pal reckons he's on 35k a week and is good when the going is good but drops tools when not.

However Reading binned McCleary off and the rest is history!> @floyd said:

@Malone said:
    My Reading pal reckons he's on 35k a week and is good when the going is good but drops tools when not.

Sounds like our type of signing! Reading are going to be in huge financial trouble very soon aren’t they?

Yes it sounds like they're not allowed to renew contracts so will lose quite a few this summer. My Reading link has been talking falling straight through to league 2 if they go down this year.

• @Malone said:

@YorkshireBlue said:
    The big man Andy Carroll is in our mould but probably not within our wage budget!

How many zeros did you miss off the end there?

• @floyd Thx - I thought you were referring to the ‘potential new signing’ as the one being described as someone who could only play for Wycombe. If there’s a stick, I’ll find the wrong end of it! ?

• @YorkshireBlue said:

@Malone said:

@YorkshireBlue said:

How many zeros did you miss off the end there?

Did you miss the stories saying he's on an almost "unbelievable" low wage there on a short term deal? Plus the fact Reading can't renew contracts let alone whop big new ones out.

• Burnley and West Ham seem to be the favourites for signing Andy Carroll this window.

• I reckon it’s either Aaron Pierre or Kadeem Harris.
    Only joking ?

• Josh Knight ?

• It'll be Liam Moore, another international to add to the growing list

• Jason Banton!!

• 2 things about Moore. He’s injured and he’s one of Reading’s highest earners

• Liam Moore would have a nice Terry Howard type feel. (one for the teenagers, that.) But I'm hoping for Peter Garland - righting past wrongs.