Skip to content

January transfer window

edited January 2022 in Football

It looks like we haven't got a thread for this? Incredible!

Anyway, Gaz says that we're "actively chasing some players" and "now going for a player that I've never been able to go for before" ? Talk of a fee, too

Comments

• He looks like he can hardly believe it when says 'actively chasing.' I'm so pleased for GA to finally have the chance at a decent budget with Wycombe.

And i loved the assessment that 'that player can only play for Wycombe.' Fine. Good!

• The sheer look on GA's face... You know it's going to be a hell of a signing. He's usually one to play it down too...

• Maybe he’s finally got Alfie Mawson on a permanent!

• @Gary said:
    Maybe he’s finally got Alfie Mawson on a permanent!

Now THAT is a good shout.

• Alfie Mawson would be a fantastic signing.

• Birmingham are in for him apparently

• I'd love it to be Dele Alli.

• I think we were in for him in the summer right? On a loan deal or something, to help with his recovery from injury? I can only imagine how gutted Gaz was that we missed out on him after his loan spell, after that incredible away day at Luton.

• Birmingham are another team in deep financial troubles. It is reported they have lost £80M since their current owners took control.

• They'll be alright once Bellingham moves on from Dortmund (assuming they weren't so inept they forgot to put a sell-on clause in the deal...)

• I guess this thread is a benchmark of where we are as a club. No manic cries for 5 players to save our season. We are shopping for cherries to go on the top of our very pleasant cake right now. Got to feel for teams like Peterborough who must be desperate and are pretty reconciled to relegation. The worst signings to make.

• Burley coming back is a good thing. I would love to know what is happening with Wakely.

• I reckon it's a midfielder in the Thompson/Scowen mould

• Any detail behind that thought @ReturnToSenda? You normally seem to have done some research.

• There is a deal to be done with Derby.
    Give us Tom Lawrence, save his wages and a potential £6m claim..........it won't happen btw

• John Swift - Reading? Maybe he wants to stay in the area but fed up of Reading.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Any detail behind that thought @ReturnToSenda? You normally seem to have done some research.

Just a hunch as although we've got other more than capable midfielders, we look a lot more solid when those two are playing - and Gape is out for who knows how long?

• No chance of Swift - PL player in waiting!

• The big man Andy Carroll is in our mould but probably not within our wage budget!

• @floyd I thought he was talking about the fact that no-one has come in for any of our players yet, by saying that a manager recently told him that our players "can only play for Wycombe" (which I understood as being players who were only suited to, in their opinion, our 'anti-football' style). This, GA suggested, was good, and long may they keep thinking that way...

• [insert joke about he'd only get injured signing the contract]

• Surely at least one central defender will be the most likely signing, As we only have Anthony Stewart and an injury Prone Tafazoli as experienced 1st players in that position.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @floyd I thought he was talking about the fact that no-one has come in for any of our players yet, by saying that a manager recently told him that our players "can only play for Wycombe" (which I understood as being players who were only suited to, in their opinion, our 'anti-football' style). This, GA suggested, was good, and long may they keep thinking that way...

Three guesses who this manager was...

• Karl Robinson

• Joey Barton

• I'm sure Barton has said that and much worse

• I'm assuming it's the very guy who last year didn't think Garath McCleary was skilful enough to play for his own boyhood club...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I'm sure Barton has said that and much worse

Usually while standing over you fists clenched as you try to get up off the tunnel floor...probably.

• I just have a feeling Mawson is coming back

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @floyd I thought he was talking about the fact that no-one has come in for any of our players yet, by saying that a manager recently told him that our players "can only play for Wycombe" (which I understood as being players who were only suited to, in their opinion, our 'anti-football' style). This, GA suggested, was good, and long may they keep thinking that way...

That’s exactly what I thought too