Skip to content

Oxford U (h) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 27 - Sat 15th Jan 2022

Comments

• Ticket Office has tweeted that terrace sold out and Family block tickets running low - looks like a bumper crowd

• 7950 including 1800 from up the road

• Friday evening 21 predictions in -
    Average for Total Crowd: 7721
    Average for Away Crowd 1794

So it is probably going to be a lot of colour and a lot of noise.

• 8221with 1784 in stunned silence by 75 minutes.

• 7912 with 1794 bewildered that they are actually in an away end at a football ground

• 8280 with 1798 from Kidlington

• 7,957 with 1,800 away

• Just gone 8am on matchday morning and I can now taste the excitement. It tastes like tea.

24 predictions in -

Average for Total Crowd: 7773
    Average for Away Crowd 1794

The Family Stand has only 84 tickets left just now. Just over 200 in the Presonus, but a fair few in the Frank Adams.

Up the Blues.

• 8,053 including 1,800 of "them"

• 8,138 with 1,800 most welcome visitors from the flatlands across the border.

• 7467 with 1800 away

• 7843, with 1800 in the away end.

• 8172 - 1793 Oxford

• 7654 with 1765

• Is it too late to revise my forecast?

• @micra said:
    Is it too late to revise my forecast?

Shithousery is not allowed on here!

• @micra said:
    Is it too late to revise my forecast?

Weather forecast?

• Revised forecast, please - 7750, please, including 1795 yellows.

• I fear i've woefully under predicted!

• 7878 with 1787

• Given as 8,005

• 32 predictions, a bumper crowd of 8005, a two - nil win and fireworks for the young and young at heart. What is not to like.

8005 means over 6200 Wycombe fans or potential Wycombe fans, anyone in the home areas whose allegiance was dubious before the game must have a postcode within our catchment area was given a treat (see above) and being surrounded by people who left the ground happy.

Our forecasters were on form too, with very special congratulations to @NewburyWanderer who predicted an attendance of 8003, so seasonswise is just behind @DevC and @SmiroludyBlue who have predictions that were one away from the actual attendance. Excellent visionary work.

Some close predictions elsewhere with a total of five prediction scores under 100 and all five within 1% of the total.

@NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 8003 was out by 2
    @MindlessDrugHoover whose prediction of 7987 was out by 18
    @DJWYC14 whose prediction of 7957 was out by 48
    @eric_plant whose prediction of 8053 was out by 48
    @PJS whose prediction of 7950 was out by 55
    @railwaysteve whose prediction of 8124 was out by 119
    @our_frank whose prediction of 8138 was out by 133
    @bigred87 whose prediction of 7853 was out by 152
    @BlueBoy whose prediction of 7843 was out by 162
    @Commoner whose prediction of 8172 was out by 167

• I believe I should have sneaked into 6th place there @railwaysteve. Not sure if that will improve my overall position though!

• I would like to complain about the people above me cooking the books.

• @railwaysteve said:
    32 predictions, a bumper crowd of 8005, a two - nil win and fireworks for the young and young at heart. What is not to like.

8005 means over 6200 Wycombe fans or potential Wycombe fans, anyone in the home areas whose allegiance was dubious before the game must have a postcode within our catchment area was given a treat (see above) and being surrounded by people who left the ground happy.

Our forecasters were on form too, with very special congratulations to @NewburyWanderer who predicted an attendance of 8003, so seasonswise is just behind @DevC and @SmiroludyBlue who have predictions that were one away from the actual attendance. Excellent visionary work.

Some close predictions elsewhere with a total of five prediction scores under 100 and all five within 1% of the total.

@BlueBoy whose prediction of 7843 was out by 162
    @Commoner whose prediction of 8172 was out by 167

think I should have been 6th with 7912 out by 93?

• I am sorry and a bit embarrassed. I owe an apology to @perfidious_albion and to @YorkExile, I missed both of your entries in a data transfer and re-ordering. Thank you for both pointing it out politely.
    I am going to run a count check of number of predictions in the spreadsheet - (which does count automatically) against number of posts on the thread without predictions and cross-check that they both match number of actual scores in the spreadsheet - (which I can get it to count automatically). This should ensure that this particular mistake doesn't happen again or at least gets spotted and rectified before publication.

Here is a revised top twelve, for my sins I drop from 6th to 8th for the week:

@perfidious_albion whose prediction of 7912 was out by 93
    @YorkExile whose prediction of 7890 was out by 115
    @ryan_w_kirby whose prediction of 7878 was out by 127
    @peterparrotface whose prediction of 7863 was out by 142

@YorkExile: the necessary change has an impressive effect on your overall position in the table for the season long competition. 115 is your new 7th best score and the old 10th best score, which you now drop, was 272. So a reduction of 272 minus 115 all divided by 10 [=15.7] in your overall score, which jumps you from 22nd place into 15th. That part of the table has a number of scores quite close together. Apologies to all those between 15th and 21st who all retain the same score but move down one place from the data in the current published table.

The main 'Tour de Season' spreadsheet has been corrected - I will wait on what to publish depending on what @perfidious_albion and @Glenactico have to say.
    @perfidious_albion - I hope it will be ok to send you a private message about whether or not you want to be included in the main table as you reach enough predictions to have ten.

@Glenactico - the same applies. I will send you a private message about inclusion in the main table as you reach enough predictions to have ten.

• No need at all for an apology! Your efforts with this are hugely appreciated as always, particularly in light of recent events. Thank you for your very swift update!

• how was your "matchday experience" @railwaysteve ?

• @our_frank said:
    how was your "matchday experience" @railwaysteve ?

The short answer is slightly tense and then joyous.

My son and I moved location from the terrace to Block S of the Frank Adams for a small consideration. We parked at Millbrook School rather than on a street at the top of the hill to minimise effort after the game. No problem picking up the tickets to replace the seasons.

We appreciated the view from the Frank Adams, and although we were more remote from the excitement and bussle of the terrace, we could look straight into it (and sometimes hear it).

There are things you see and feel at a live game that you don't catch on the TV, even to the extent that I didn't even, at the time, miss @bluntphil's commentary. It has been a long time.
    It has been a very long time since I saw us have a two clear goal lead at the end of a live game, as the handful of games I saw at the start of the season were all tense at the end. It was wonderful to see our second goal unfold in front of us. Also there are not many clubs I would rather see us beat.

Joyous. And we both had a fantastic view of the fireworks - and liked them. Plan is to be back for the game against that mcfranchise club.

• Thanks for all you do on here for us @railwaysteve - I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed your first game back, long may that continue!