Skip to content

Extra car park for Oxford game

2»

Comments

• Brilliant Paul!!!

• Back to the subject of this thread. Used the school car park today. Brilliant, well supervised by the Stewards on site. Leaving was good with a little delay which was expected due the volume of traffic on the road beyond the car park. Will use again if available.

• @davebevan said:
    Back to the subject of this thread. Used the school car park today. Brilliant, well supervised by the Stewards on site. Leaving was good with a little delay which was expected due the volume of traffic on the road beyond the car park. Will use again if available.

Agree. I thought it worked well and will use it again. Being able to book a space is one less thing to have to think about.

• @Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

@Malone said:
    (Although it's a bit of a walk for your average footy fan!)

Amazing that 20 minutes is now considered a bit of a walk. But for a lot of people, you’re absolutely spot on.

Yes don't get me wrong, for me it's not. I often park further out than Millbrook.

I had a look at the aerial view of that area and they'll do well to get 220 cars into that school playground won't they? Maybe the Google map view doesn't give the full picture.

Used the Millbrook car park yesterday and it was fine. I'd pre-booked, the guy on the gate had my name on a list, and the car was still there afterwards - job done

• Glad to hear it went well chaps.
    I'm too tight to pay £5 to walk a mile, when there's quite a few other places slightly further out for free but if the club and the school benefitted, then excellent stuff.

The more options the better too.

• @CarParkPete said:
    The only question the board of governers of this school have to answer is 'why didn't you do it before?'. It's essentially free money for a (presumably) cash strapped state school and the amounts, assuming we haven't stitched them up big-time could be considerable.

I used to park there years ago and then it wasn't available. I can only guess why that happened. Let's hope it now keeps going

• Browsing the ticket website I found that tickets for parking at Millbrook School for The Franchise game on Saturday are now available. As I have not noticed any announcements I offer this information for anyone interested. Still Costs £5.00.

• @davebevan said:
    Browsing the ticket website I found that tickets for parking at Millbrook School for The Franchise game on Saturday are now available. As I have not noticed any announcements I offer this information for anyone interested. Still Costs £5.00.

Couldn't find it. Any chance you could post a link?

• My computer knowledge, or lack of, prevents me from helping with a link. I booked onto my ticket account. I then, next to my name on the top right of the screen, activated the drop down menu. Activated the my ‘accounts section’ which gave me the ‘available transactions heading’. I clicked on that and the options for booking the parking was there. I discovered this by accident. All I was trying to do initially was see how many match tickets had been sold for the game. Hope this information is helpful to you.

• edited January 2022

@tom_doust said:

@davebevan said:
    Browsing the ticket website I found that tickets for parking at Millbrook School for The Franchise game on Saturday are now available. As I have not noticed any announcements I offer this information for anyone interested. Still Costs £5.00.

The link to the article is
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2022/january/parking-and-travel-mk-dons-h-2901/

Millbrook booking is at
    https://tickets.wwfc.com/Stadium?eventId=750

(although I can't see that you can actually use this at the moment).

• @Malone said:

@tom_doust said:

@davebevan said:

The link to the article is
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2022/january/parking-and-travel-mk-dons-h-2901/

Millbrook booking is at
    https://tickets.wwfc.com/Stadium?eventId=750

(although I can't see that you can actually use this at the moment).

Thanks, got it now

I was looking from the main tickets page and didn't seem to be linked from there.

You can now buy tickets :-).

• @davebevan said:
    My computer knowledge, or lack of, prevents me from helping with a link. I booked onto my ticket account. I then, next to my name on the top right of the screen, activated the drop down menu. Activated the my ‘accounts section’ which gave me the ‘available transactions heading’. I clicked on that and the options for booking the parking was there. I discovered this by accident. All I was trying to do initially was see how many match tickets had been sold for the game. Hope this information is helpful to you.

Thanks

• How can the car park be worse, it’s hardly rained for a fortnight!

• You wonder if the long term plan is to totally phase that top tier car park out.

• Fireworks caused a landslide? They are going to need exciting car park content for that TV channel you know.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Fireworks caused a landslide? They are going to need exciting car park content for that TV channel you know.

Give it half a season and that field will be a fireworks field with no parking allowed :)

• Just booked at Millbrook for tomorrow night...first time try-out for me. Is it still working like a dream?

• It was fine on Saturday. I've used it for every game I've been to since they started it. I like the certainty of booking a space in advance

• Thanks @tom_doust hopefully not pouring down for my 'stride'!

• It’s gonna be a braw bricht moonlit nicht @Wendoverman.