Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

Comments

• oh dear the PNL fans certainly are not painting themselves in glory today

• We are top of the league.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Bottle thrown towards Stocko at the end and now a few cops having to sort out a little bit of kicking-off in the car park

Not sure who instigated it tbh, we know we've got our own moron contingent

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Bottle thrown towards Stocko at the end and now a few cops having to sort out a little bit of kicking-off in the car park

Tin pot name changers living off a long forgotten league cup win bought with stolen pension money that’s what I think Oxfords Wikipedia page reads

• edited January 2022

Ah, same as Le Havre, who I believe are known as Les Wycombe Wanderers

• Will Sunderland win a game this year?

• edited January 2022

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Ah, same as Le Havre, who I believe are known as Les Wycombe Wanderers

That’s sparked a weird memory from my early years in the terrace. There was always a Guy stood near me that had a towel round his neck and would shout Allez les Bleus, but I was pretty sure he was English.

Nowt as queer as folk.

• @Chris said:
    Will Sunderland win a game this year?

They're just very comfortable in this division. Bless.

• That was very enjoyable!

• Not normally a firework fan but after that sex offender nonsense and the bellend on the pitch...I thought they added the finishing touch to a good game!!

• I do like what they’ve done with the league table
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

• Thompson doesn't score many.but when he does! And that Mcleary pass to Hanlan in space... I daresay the added time for their injuries will be evidence of our timewasting.

• Fantastic performance, except a ten/fifteen-minute period in the first half before our goal, we never looked like conceding. We looked so assured defensively with Tafazolli barely putting a foot wrong; perhaps the emergence of Forino-Joseph has given him a bit of a kick up the arse to up his game to even better standards. We look so much better with Grimmer on the right hand side as he tends to give the simple ball to Mehmeti or McCleary, rather than delievering crap cross, after crap cross, which is too often the case with a Jason McCarthy performance. Back to Mehmeti and McCleary and a more positive note... they are both purring atm, and they clicked today with Hanlan, who had a near-perfect second half after a pretty frustrating first where his touch let him down on occasions. Scowen and Thompson were incredible, with the latter like Tafazolli, performing at a near 10/10.

I don't think we've ever had a better central midfielder squad of:
    Thompson, Scowen, Gape, Wheeler, Pendlebury, Bloomfield.

Top of the league and still another gear to come. If we can get Uche Ikpeazu back through the door in the next two weeks, I can not see how we wouldn't be promoted.

• Now that tweet may be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Dry your eyes mate.

• Also, an excellent refereeing performance. I've been so much more impressed with the amount of physical challenges that are being allowed.

• edited January 2022

Extremely proud of how today reflected on us as a club. From the minute's applause for Alana, to the way Stocko reported homophobic abuse, to the thoroughly professional performance by the team. We are special.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    Also, an excellent refereeing performance. I've been so much more impressed with the amount of physical challenges that are being allowed.

He allowed far too much grappling during aerial duels, but at least he was consistent. Otherwise he was very good.

• We don't need Uche. Any money we have would be better spent elsewhere.

• @Twizz said:
    The moron who just went on the pitch needs banning until he grows up.

Twice in 2 games is going to cost the club, not to mention the risk of having to play a game without fans on the terrace (extreme reaction but who knows how the EFL might react).

This is why you have to clamp down on people who do it.
    Last week some 12 year old did it, and many were like it's ok, he's a kid.

But now some older teen/20 year old thinks he can do it, and on it goes.

• They only had one shot!!! Very comfortable win for the table toppers. Get in!!!!!!

• Just think, about 7 days and an hour ago, we were what, 7 or 8 points behind Sunderland.

• edited January 2022

I know some fans are horribly one eyed, but how could any Oxford fan think that was anything apart from a very comfortably win from a good performance from us?

Both goals were quality too. Could have been a couple more if we'd got it right.

Try and dress those up as "typical" Wycombe goals (which they imply are scuffle or set pieces!)

• Saw some bloke in the car park on his knees, with a copper in attendance and a few other blokes around it. Not sure what was going on there.

But ever so embarrassing that the police and stewards had to make a little barrier to stop some of "the usuals" from "getting to" the Oxford lot.
    When in reality they were probably delighted to do the classic "oh you better hold me back" and if they actually got near any rivals fans would back down asap.

• @mooneyman said:
    We don't need Uche. Any money we have would be better spent elsewhere.

Would just like one more CB, but it's tricky as who's going to loan us someone to sit on the bench?

• @StrongestTeam said:

Now that tweet may be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Dry your eyes mate.

Can we get some more fireworks ?

• @StrongestTeam said:

Now that tweet may be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Dry your eyes mate.

I'd possibly give him a little bit of license as one he's a kid, and 2...well you'll see if you click on his twitter handle and see his summary.