Skip to content

12 Jan Trust Webinar

Comments

• 'that will be very, very well received'?
    Does he not know us yet?
    (If he's letting me off me last two mortgage payments on my seat I will be happy.)

• Please, please, please get rid of O'Neills and bring Hummel onboard ?

• I’ve always expected an Adidas or Nike deal when O’Neills finished for some reason.

• @Gary said:
    I’ve always expected an Adidas or Nike deal when O’Neills finished for some reason.

They tend not to do bespoke designs other than for the biggest clubs - presumably costs a lot more - so unless they come out with a quartered design as one of their standard templates, I think that's unlikely.

Maybe some obscure American brand, though?

• Vandenal? They were good.

• If Wanderers TV is being introduced mid-season what does that mean for annual subscribers to iFollow? Will the club pro-rate the cost of WTV against the cost of the now useless iFollow months already paid for?

• @floyd said:
    If Wanderers TV is being introduced mid-season what does that mean for annual subscribers to iFollow? Will the club pro-rate the cost of WTV against the cost of the now useless iFollow months already paid for?

Said something about subscriptions being carried over, much more info to come soon it would appear

• @Wendoverman said:
    'that will be very, very well received'?
    Does he not know us yet?
    (If he's letting me off me last two mortgage payments on my seat I will be happy.)

A free night at the soon to be built Worldwide Wycombe Wanderers Wonder Tavern

• I can promise you that MUCH of the work at the training ground hasn't been carried out by volunteers, and yes I am in the know. But guess it sounds better if said it has been

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I can promise you that MUCH of the work at the training ground hasn't been carried out by volunteers, and yes I am in the know. But guess it sounds better if said it has been

Thanking volunteers is normally a good thing, not entirely sure what your point is.

• My point is the volunteers havnt done that much up there, but the people that have, have had no public thanks. So seems odd to me

• @HolmerBlue said:
    My point is the volunteers havnt done that much up there, but the people that have, have had no public thanks. So seems odd to me

Have they been paid?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Gary said:
    I’ve always expected an Adidas or Nike deal when O’Neills finished for some reason.

They tend not to do bespoke designs other than for the biggest clubs - presumably costs a lot more - so unless they come out with a quartered design as one of their standard templates, I think that's unlikely.

Maybe some obscure American brand, though?

Adidas have done some fantastic quartered shirts for Harlequins over the years.

• edited January 2022

@YorkshireBlue said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Does he not know us yet?

Will there be real ale, nice loos, a parking space and FA Cup ticket priority?

• @Wendoverman said:

@YorkshireBlue said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Does he not know us yet?

Will there be real ale, nice loos, a parking space and FA Cup ticket priority?

IDK but the corridor LED screen advertising is terrific ;)

• @HolmerBlue said:
    My point is the volunteers havnt done that much up there, but the people that have, have had no public thanks. So seems odd to me

Why should paid contractors need public thanking apart from free advertising ?
    Or has a local building firm linked to one of the controversial investors that bought the training ground involved ?

• edited January 2022

@ChasHarps said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Why should paid contractors need public thanking apart from free advertising ?
    Or has a local building firm linked to one of the controversial investors that bought the training ground involved ?

1st point, just seems strange to me thank someone for doing so much work, that involved a few hours of slapping paint around, and not mention people who spent weeks sorting things out, never mind just my opinion

On your 2nd point, no they aren't

• It’s really disrespectful to post that people who have volunteered their time to improve something have just spent “a few hours of slapping paint around”.

We owe a great deal to these people and they are a big part of the reason we have a football team to watch on a Saturday. All those years ago, we didn’t have a pot to piss in (I’ll leave the toilet comments to @ReturnToSenda ) and without the help of the volunteers, we possibly wouldn’t be in the position we are today. So many of our more recent signings have commented on things like the training ground being one of the draws for them.

Just my opinion, as you say.

• I'm not knocking the volunteers at all, so I apologise, I guess I'm not choosing my words very well this evening as I'm certainly not meaning to come across as I'm obviously sounding. Of course we all appreciate everything everyone does, I guess what I was feebly trying to say was there are so many other people involved in all the work as well.

Think I'd better get of to bed

• Thanks to those that have posted summaries..

Intrigued by the proposals to increase capacity to 10-12K. Seems unnecessary based on present crowds and a I really struggle to see us getting 7k+ regularly (which is surely the min required to be sustainable in the 2nd tier) at AP without the addition of access road, which we know has been an issue in the past. I struggle to see a long term that doesn't involve exploring a stadium relocation.

I do like the sound of home end enhancements, however. Disabled supporters should not be plonked on the front row without cover simply because it is convenient/less hassle. Also like the idea of blending a standing home end with hospitality - I think there's a market for a 'comfortable' matchday experience coupled with a bit of buzz from a terracey environment.

Merchandising revenues astound me - absolutely incredible that we're able to generate so much £ from folks overseas. Well done to those that have made it happen anyway.

• edited January 2022

@Glenactico said:
    Also like the idea of blending a standing home end with hospitality - I think there's a market for a 'comfortable' matchday experience coupled with a bit of buzz from a terracey environment.

Sadly I think you're right

• I think we could quite quickly grow to sustaining 7k home fans plus 2k away if there was somewhere to park and a 2nd access road.

My sons football was due to finish an hour and a half before kick off last week and this week. I’ve arranged to be dropped off or get a taxi. I’m sure more casual fans just won’t bother as they know parking is a nightmare.

• @Glenactico said:
    Thanks to those that have posted summaries..

Intrigued by the proposals to increase capacity to 10-12K. Seems unnecessary based on present crowds and a I really struggle to see us getting 7k+ regularly (which is surely the min required to be sustainable in the 2nd tier) at AP without the addition of access road, which we know has been an issue in the past. I struggle to see a long term that doesn't involve exploring a stadium relocation.

I do like the sound of home end enhancements, however. Disabled supporters should not be plonked on the front row without cover simply because it is convenient/less hassle. Also like the idea of blending a standing home end with hospitality - I think there's a market for a 'comfortable' matchday experience coupled with a bit of buzz from a terracey environment.

Merchandising revenues astound me - absolutely incredible that we're able to generate so much £ from folks overseas. Well done to those that have made it happen anyway.

I guess when the two options would be a new road, plus housing development to pay for it, then stadium improvements, but that seems highly unlikely.
    Most likely scenario is a move to a new stadium, Houses built on Adams Park as it is no longer in the green belt, and probably Booker revisited, Hence why Steve Hayes remerged some time back, and there was a muted attempt to rewrite history and paint him a more acceptable light.
    I wonder if there is any truth in the rumour that he may have land interests around the Wycombe airport area ??

• @Glenactico Why do you say you "struggle to see a long term that doesn't involve exploring a stadium relocation"? Are you just saying that with these folks in charge and their ambitions, they're bound to do that work, or are you seriously suggesting that having got through 30 years at Adams Park, it's unsustainable to keep the football club going in the long term?

• Without an access road, I don't think that's an unreasonable conclusion to draw.

• Are these ground expansion plans really necessary?
    Don’t get me wrong here as I really do hope we start attracting more fans but our core supporter base is still around 4,500 to 5,000 or maybe slightly more. We rarely sell out the stadium and Sunderland, Oxford and maybe Portsmouth are the nearest we get to capacity league fixtures.

• Maybe answering my own question here but I can obviously understand that if we do go up to the Championship we may increase our own supporter base and that the opposition will bring more supporters to AP. Also any such improvements would not just happen immediately.
    So I expect we will go ahead with planning consent etc and then if/when we are in the Championship we can decide if we need to press the button if the demand necessitates.
    The access road is obviously also key to all of this expansion discussion.
    Nice to know RC is planning ambitiously though.

• I’m probably the most optimistic I’ve felt about the club since we joined the league.
    I may have to turn in my grumpy old git membership.

• @ChasHarps said:

I guess when the two options would be a new road, plus housing development to pay for it, then stadium improvements, but that seems highly unlikely.
    Most likely scenario is a move to a new stadium, Houses built on Adams Park as it is no longer in the green belt, and probably Booker revisited, Hence why Steve Hayes remerged some time back, and there was a muted attempt to rewrite history and paint him a more acceptable light.

It would be useful to have our West Country planning expert's opinion on this!