Skip to content

Sky's EFL coverage

edited January 2022 in Football

The usual!

I'm sure they can't just give up the rights to L1 and L2 without giving up Champ too, but even the National League gets more exposure than our level. Surely there's enough interest to warrant a game on telly even something like every other week?

At the moment, they're only obligated to show a minimum of 20 L1 and L2 games combined all season (excluding play-offs).

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    The usual!

I'm sure they can't just give up the rights to L1 and L2 without giving up Champ too, but even the National League gets more exposure than our level. Surely there's enough interest to warrant a game on telly even something like every other week?

At the moment, they're only obligated to show a minimum of 20 L1 and L2 games combined all season (excluding play-offs).

Apparently nobody told Sky how massive Sunderland/Ipswich/Portsmouth/every other club think they are

• You wait until next season. All 20 will feature Wayne Rooney’s Derby County.

• edited January 2022

Why does Sky love Blackburn Rovers suddenly?

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Why does Sky love Blackburn Rovers suddenly?

That'll be the Brereton Díaz effect, which I can't argue with.

• edited January 2022

And Ben Brereton Diaz is another Forest Academy graduate, sold to Rovers for £9m. Rob, are you reading this? There’s money in it!

• Did you read the story about all the Blackburn fans who bet on him at large odds to score 20+ goals this season?

• I will never get over Dion Dublin on Homes under the hammer. On now if anyone is at a loose end

• @Forest_Blue said:
    And Ben Brereton Diaz is another Forest Academy graduate, sold to Rovers for £9m. Rob, are you reading this? There’s money in it!

I would like to see the figures, how many academy's actually make a profit, the annual running costs of running teams under 6s through to u23s. The coaches only want at most 2 or 3 players in any team, the rest are fed lies, but retained as they are needed to make up the numbers. ironically it is often the makeweight that make the grade, and not the obvious stars at primary age. Facilities, coaching staff costs are bonkersly high. Minimum 14 coaches, physio's, management... Then the scouting system to find the little gems. How much do you think that will cost per year? We have let other teams develop players, reject them then we pick them up and polish the gems. (Mehmeti, Forino) Then the bigger teams screw us over on transfer fees.

• I think we'll see more clubs going down the Wycombe/Brentford route in the coming years. Huddersfield scrapped everything below U18s.

• AFC Wimbledon look to have a good model too. Jack Rudoni being a product of that.