Skip to content

Match day thread: Bolton

Comments

• No Bayo. Covid or suspended for injuring half a dozen players when he jumped on them on Saturday?

• Adam Leathers makes the bench, first time?

• That's a good team. Slightly thinner (excuse pun) bench. I noticed that they took Leathers with the squad to the Valley. They must be enthusiastic.

• why does Al-Hamadi never make the squad especially if bayo on out

• @Wanderers82 said:
    why does Al-Hamadi never make the squad especially if bayo on out

Agreed with Bayo out it could be a decent chance to see him have some minutes

• @Username said:

@Wanderers82 said:

Agreed with Bayo out it could be a decent chance to see him have some minutes

Injured/ill? He was on the bench a couple of times a little while back.

• I thought I'd seen a report saying McCarthy & Wheeler missed Saturday due to Covid, so slightly surprised to see Wheeler back on the bench today?

Shame that Al-Hamadi isn't on the bench, as there must be a chance he'd get some minutes tonight.

• Loads of Wycombe fans waiting at the ticket office with the tickets stuck with the media guys on the motorway apparently

• Can't complain about that team. Good luck to them and safe journeys for anyone travelling.

• Tickets have arrived - hope everyone will arrive safely enjoy the game COYB

• Is anything happening on iFollow yet? I keep getting the circle and nothing else.

• Wouldn't think it would be Covid keeping Wheeler out on Saturday, as didn't he have it quite recently?

Clearly a few players missing, but comforting to see we can still name a reasonably strong starting XI and bench.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Is anything happening on iFollow yet? I keep getting the circle and nothing else.

working for me

• @Wanderers82 said:

Are you an Iraqi lion in disguise? ?

• Bench a little thin, but I would personally say, imo that is our strongest starting 11

• If we are struggling up top, difficult to see where a goal may come from otherwise.

Hope Thompson is being "rested". Does anyone know how many yellows he is on?

• edited January 2022

Should be a booking for their 13, that, or at least a talking to. Horribly late and reckless.

• Hope Obita's not badly hurt, that was a reckless looking jump from the Bolton player, not sure I'm impressed with that

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Adam Leathers makes the bench, first time?

Adam Leathers the ball into the Bolton goal.

• Our defence will cost us autos, so ropey

• Not quite as enjoyable as Saturday, this one! Scrappy game so far.

• We don't need to be playing as agriculturally as we are. Mehmeti and McCleary on, but struggling to pass it well at the moment.

• Come on Lincoln!

• How's that not a foul on JJ

• All Bolton so far.

• Taff isn’t having his best game so far. We seem to be playing as if we are entitled to the three points tonight. Keep going with that mentality and we won’t even be picking up one point.

• Should have rotated a bit more, although I guess we're a bit short with Covid and whatnot.

• Is whatnot what McCarthy’s got or not?