Skip to content

Match day thread: Bolton

Comments

• Peter Wright is the ref tonight - a man of many talents!

• I see Bolton have sold Doyle the top scorer this season and replaced him with Charles from Accrington who has not played a League game since August.

• Played one in September but then never made another appearance - sounds like he made it clear he wanted out and was frozen out as a result.

• I hope we smash them anyway; Ian Evatt has got to be the most arrogant manager in the league, claiming they were the best team in it ?

• Badge doesn't look right on a blue background and all a bit 80s but I don't mind it tbh

• edited January 2022

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I hope we smash them anyway; Ian Evatt has got to be the most arrogant manager in the league, claiming they were the best team in it ?

Despite recent money problems do they still count as a big club? We need to win this one to keep the pressure on those around us.

• Could someone confirm, please, that tonight’s match is not on iFollow.

• The game IS available on Ifollow @micra

• It had better be on, I’ve paid the ifollow £10

• edited January 2022

I will be on a train...let me know how it goes.
    Can I also offer my full support to Lincoln City as they face one of the League leaders tonight. Please upset them.

• I thought Lincoln were decent when we played them at Adams Park early on this season. Although their league position may suggest that I called that wrong?

• Solid enough defence, just don't score many goals. Should have enough to stay up.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Solid enough defence, just don't score many goals. Should have enough to stay up.

Surely now is the time to go on a run? :smiley:

• @Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Solid enough defence, just don't score many goals. Should have enough to stay up.

I love this managerspeak phrase , it gets rolled out often as if there's ever a bad time to go on a winning run .never hear managers say "If only we hadn't won our first 5 games of the season. That's really put us in a bad spot..."

• A mild day in the northwest for anyone making the journey

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

I love this managerspeak phrase , it gets rolled out often as if there's ever a bad time to go on a winning run .never hear managers say "If only we hadn't won our first 5 games of the season. That's really put us in a bad spot..."

We go again tonight.

• Thanks guys. Tenner paid. Looking forward to another good performance. Trying to keep prides and falls out of my mind.

• @LX1 said:
    A mild day in the northwest for anyone making the journey

Sunny at present and fairly clear here in Westhoughton but cars will be frosting up by the time the game starts at 8.

• @Wendoverman said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

We go again tonight.

It'll be a challenge but the guys are right up for it.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I hope we smash them anyway; Ian Evatt has got to be the most arrogant manager in the league, claiming they were the best team in it ?

Arrogant? Outrageous nonsense.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/19839182.bolton-boss-ian-evatt-praises-wycombe-wanderers-play/

Apparently when they lost earlier this season at AP, it was a "moral victory". So now you know.

"Speaking to the club’s media and the Manchester Evening News, Evatt said: “When we went there it was another of those hard-luck stories; another moral victory which I can't stand."

• @PBo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Arrogant? Outrageous nonsense.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/19839182.bolton-boss-ian-evatt-praises-wycombe-wanderers-play/

Apparently when they lost earlier this season at AP, it was a "moral victory". So now you know.

"Speaking to the club’s media and the Manchester Evening News, Evatt said: “When we went there it was another of those hard-luck stories; another moral victory which I can't stand."

Hadn't seen this. Wow!

• Do we think GA will change much tonight given we've got Oxford next week? Will the exertions of Saturday cost us, do we think? The Trotters are fighting to avoid being dragged into the relegation battle.

• I don’t have a clue, but it would seem a decent shout to feature the likes of Horgan, Thompson and McCarthy - if we’ve got strength in depth then why not use it.

• We've had a bit of Covid, McCarthy might well be one of those. Bound to be one or two changes, but wouldn't expect too many. Thompson in for Scowen I guess, not sure what else.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We've had a bit of Covid, McCarthy might well be one of those. Bound to be one or two changes, but wouldn't expect too many. Thompson in for Scowen I guess, not sure what else.

I know GA was out but was players having Covid reported widely?

• @wwfcblue said:

@LX1 said:
    A mild day in the northwest for anyone making the journey

Sunny at present and fairly clear here in Westhoughton but cars will be frosting up by the time the game starts at 8.

Why is it 8 KO? Gonna struggle to make it home now

• Need to make sure Stewart is fully fit for Oxford as he strikes terror into their hearts.

• @Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    We've had a bit of Covid, McCarthy might well be one of those. Bound to be one or two changes, but wouldn't expect too many. Thompson in for Scowen I guess, not sure what else.

I know GA was out but was players having Covid reported widely?

I think there was a comment made that there was some in the squad. Certainly Dobbo, blooms and one other back room staff guy (apologies can’t remember his inventive nickname) but don’t know if they’d count.

• Jase’s absence was reported as ‘illness’ at the weekend on one media outlet.