• @ChasHarps said:

@Steve_Peart said:
    Round 2 draw.

Chesham United v Hungerford Town
    Beaconsfield Town v Sandhurst Town
    Long Crendon or Aylesbury United v Binfield
    Ascot United or Maidenhead United v Thatcham United
    Chalfont St Peter or Didcot Town v Marlow

The five winners of these ties are joined by the three EFL Clubs in the Quarter-Finals, dates TBC. Last season we played Hungerford on 25 February.

Long Crendon away for me, as it would be a Tomaz Tikov and a chance to visit one or two of those splendid Thatched hostelries.
    I remember taking a peak at Long Crendon ground about 15 years ago, and it was pretty much a park pitch.

Scrap the Long Crendon wish as they play at Oxford City, due to their ground not meeting the required standard for the league requirements.
    Interestingly Long Crendon were the first winners of the 2nd oldest cup competition 'The Oving Cup'.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/3241026/the-oving-and-district-villages-cup-is-the-oldest-soccer-tournament-youve-never-heard-of

• edited December 2021

@HolmerBlue said:
    Be quite nice to play Aylesbury again after all these years

Yes though, for prosaic reasons, I'd like to be away at Chesham. Recall coming to Adams Park to watch Chesham in the B and B about thirty years ago and thinking how exciting it was to play against such a big club as mighty Wycombe!

• Ah. Chesham Utds ground in the B@b cup. Scene of some of the strangest football watching experiences including the worst ever refereeing performance involving Wycombe in my lifetime.

(I did think of adding ‘that I have seen’ but then I am absolutely convinced there would be no other possible degree of ineptitude that wouldn’t have resulted in the referee being lynched and as I can’t recall reading about that I am confident with the assertion)

• edited December 2021

Maidenhead away please…a new ground for us, or CSP away…the home ground to where we live. Be very pleasantly surprised if CSP get through to round 4, recently moved their manager on and not a great season for them.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    Round 2 draw.

Chesham United v Hungerford Town
    Beaconsfield Town v Sandhurst Town
    Long Crendon or Aylesbury United v Binfield
    Ascot United or Maidenhead United v Thatcham United
    Chalfont St Peter or Didcot Town v Marlow

The five winners of these ties are joined by the three EFL Clubs in the Quarter-Finals, dates TBC. Last season we played Hungerford on 25 February.

Long Crendon or Binfield (a) would be a dream tie.

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Maidenhead away please…a new ground for us, or CSP away…the home ground to where we live. Be very pleasantly surprised if CSP get through to round 4, recently moved their manager on and not a great season for them.

We lived in Monument Lane for a short while about 50 years ago and I confess I’m not sure I could have directed anyone to the CSP ground at that time but the move (from Basingstoke) at least got me much closer to Loakes Park!

• the game I was at yesterday had a eccentric refereeing performance switch a highlight being two defenders comically colliding freeing the forward to run unchallenged in on goal only for the ref to blow for a head injury just as the forward reached the penalty area. Unsurprisingly both defenders magically recovered instantly. You can get away with that in a too if the table clash at Tavistock but if the ref moves on take games at say Millwall I wouldn’t recommend the same approach….

Great game though - competitive, missed pen , handbags, 12 yellows one red two sin bins and a narrow home win I didn’t get much live football for a while but it’s bloody good fun isn’t it…

• What was the game @DevC ?

• Tavistock v Bitton in the Western League - broadly Flackwell Heath level. I find myself at most Tavi home games and even some of the local aways now - (not too) slowly getting addicted again....

• We like to watch a bit of Cornish football when we are down there, Wadebridge Town or Camelford AFC. South West Peninsula League and a similar level I suspect. Often a bit of edge in the fixtures and reasonably good crowds too.

• Similarish - Tavi are one level higher than those two. Next time you are down maybe pop over to Tavi and take in a game. Nice little town too.

• Long Crendon beat Aylesbury United on penalties tonight, 2-2 at full time, match played at Thame.

The Chalfont St Peter v Didcot Town game last night was postponed, rearranged for next Tuesday.

• I remember going by special train to Elm Park Reading to watch the B&B Cup final against Slough. Then it ended in a draw and was replayed. I didn't get to that one. This is from the record:-
    10-Apr-1950 Slough Town B&B F N D 1-1
    15-Apr-1950 Slough Town B&B F R A W 1-0

• Didcot Town won 3-2 on penalties at Chalfont St Peter tonight, 3-3 after 90 minutes.

• @wingnut said:
    I remember going by special train to Elm Park Reading to watch the B&B Cup final against Slough. Then it ended in a draw and was replayed. I didn't get to that one. This is from the record:-
    10-Apr-1950 Slough Town B&B F N D 1-1
    15-Apr-1950 Slough Town B&B F R A W 1-0

I stewarded at Elm park around 1995/6 , I'm not sure it had so much as a lick of paint in the years in between.

• Nowadays the idea of a special train being run for a B & B Cup Final would be laughed at. I seem to remember that there was a station quite near the ground which made it easy.

• Ascot United v Maidenhead United was called off last night, for the second time because of COVID in the Maidenhead squad.

• The Second Round got under way tonight as Beaconsfield Town hosted Sandhurst Town. No word from Beaconsfield twitter tonight but, according to Sandhurst twitter, the home team won on penalties, apparently 3-3 at full time, as their updates went from 3-2 to the Fizzers, to a Rams's win on penalties. The B & B site will confirm the result later.

Looking at tonight's online programme, James Clark still has a player profile but is not listed in the 20 player squad at the back, so he may have departed. He made four starts.

One outstanding tie from the First Round was Ascot United v Maidenhead United. The Yellamen went through with a walkover win, after the Magpies withdrew because of their Covid and injury hit squad.

The other Second Round fixtures:
    Chesham United v Hungerford Town (18/01)
    Didcot Town v Marlow (18/01)
    Long Crendon v Binfield (19/01)
    Ascot United v Thatcham Town (TBC)

• @Steve_Peart said:
    The Second Round got under way tonight as Beaconsfield Town hosted Sandhurst Town. No word from Beaconsfield twitter tonight but, according to Sandhurst twitter, the home team won on penalties, apparently 3-3 at full time, as their updates went from 3-2 to the Fizzers, to a Rams's win on penalties. The B & B site will confirm the result later.

Looking at tonight's online programme, James Clark still has a player profile but is not listed in the 20 player squad at the back, so he may have departed. He made four starts.

One outstanding tie from the First Round was Ascot United v Maidenhead United. The Yellamen went through with a walkover win, after the Magpies withdrew because of their Covid and injury hit squad.

The other Second Round fixtures:
    Chesham United v Hungerford Town (18/01)
    Didcot Town v Marlow (18/01)
    Long Crendon v Binfield (19/01)
    Ascot United v Thatcham Town (TBC)

Think there was a tweet that Clark left recently at the end of his contract

• Thanks @StrongestTeam, I wondered if he might stay on with the Rams. Good luck to him, I hope he does have a career in football.

• Why is there a thread about the B&B cup 100 years from now?

• I’ll sleep well tonight knowing we’ll still be playing in this competition next century.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    I’ll sleep well tonight knowing we’ll still be playing in this competition next century.

Ainsworth will still be manager as well.

• Didcot and Chesham through to the quarter finals after beating Marlow and Hungerford respectively.

• @floyd said:
    Didcot and Chesham through to the quarter finals after beating Marlow and Hungerford respectively.

Max Ram started for Hungerford, who led at 1-0 half-time, but Chesham scored two after the break.

Didcot won 3-2 on penalties, 0-0 after 90 minutes.

• FT Long Crendon 2-1 Binfield.

The visitors scored just before half-time but Crendon scored two goals in the last six minutes to progress.

No date yet for Ascot United v Thatcham Town, to complete the Second Round.

• Wow little Long Crendon beating the Fa Vase finalists

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    Wow little Long Crendon beating the Fa Vase finalists

Step 6 beats Step 4, 115 in attendance at the ASM Stadium, Thame.