Skip to content

Is there a greater humbling that we we did to Sunderland?

LX1LX1
edited January 2022 in Football

Swindon....'Mooney Mooney what's the score?'
Mooney? What's the score?

Mooney proceeds to score

Comments

• That was an all time great night.

• @floyd said:
    That was an all time great night.

I wish I could replay the highlights with full Bill Turnbull voiceover, I can’t remember the exact wording but it was something along the lines of, “‘Mooney Mooney what’s the score’, they sang…Well they’re not singing now.”

• Ah yeah.

PNLs in the FA Cup.

They went ballistic at having scored an 85-minute equaliser.

PNL keeper “Spilly” Billy Turley makes a great show of giving it large to the Valley End.

30 seconds later, Stefan Oakes bangs in the winner.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard the level of abuse that Turley got.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/1019042.stefans-stunner-silences-oxfords-cheers/

• I remember prior to that League Cup tie at Craven Cottage Fulham manager Chris Coleman basically said all they had to do was turn up and win

He had to walk the length of the pitch after the game past 2,000 fans singing "Coleman Coleman what's the score?" at him over and over again

• @PBo said:
    Ah yeah.

PNLs in the FA Cup.

PNL keeper “Spilly” Billy Turley makes a great show of giving it large to the Valley End.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/1019042.stefans-stunner-silences-oxfords-cheers/

The PNL fans had purchased a sponsor box, just below where we sit in the Frank Adams stand. They were taking great delight in giving us the 'V's, the middle finger and the 'Nescafe gesture' when Oxford equalised. They were still doing it when Stefan Oakes rifled in the winner.
    Oh what delight we had in telling the deluded name changers to turn round !!

• There was that day at Preston with the Heyrettin last minute winner, as resurrected recently on one of Phil's podcast episodes. Certainly silenced the locals, that one...

• @PBo said:
    Ah yeah.

PNLs in the FA Cup.

That was amazing. Reading that report..'some fans had to complete an exam to gain entry' !

• @PBo said:
    Ah yeah.

PNLs in the FA Cup.

I was never normally brave enough to start chants in the terrace, but claim full credit that night for starting the gleeful chorus of '2-1 and it's all your fault' that we serenaded Turley with as he trudged off the pitch. (To be fair, I'm not sure if the winner was actually his fault or not - it was more in response to his cocky celebrations in front of the Valley End when they equalised.)

• Superb memories @Jonny_King
    We have had some great times at Wycombe