Skip to content

Man of the Match - Sunderland

Who is your MOTM?

Poll not found

Comments

• Easy one this.

• I went for JJ for his incredible goal line clearance and the equalizer at the death.

• JJ for his all round performance - with Vokes a close(ish) second

• @Lloyd2084 said:
      Easy one this.

haha, yeah, I wondered if that was true before I voted but it seems like I went with the majority. No spoilers!

• Easy. Even before his goal his defensive play kept us in the game.

• Should be 100% JJ

• JJ will win, well deserved for some great clearances mostly but I went for Vokes, every flick on superb, not his fault what happens afterwards.

• Thought Mehmeti had a decent chance by half time, just after that JJ was immense defensively and then the goal just made it a total non debate.

• By about ten country miles. JJ.

• So easily JJ and that was before his last minute equaliser

• What’s the biggest margin of victory so far @shev? Looks like we’re on for it here!

• JJ what a man. Superb today.

• @floyd said:
      What’s the biggest margin of victory so far @shev? Looks like we’re on for it here!

McLeary got 88.15% of all actual votes (excluding Did Not See) at home to Charlton, easily the best so far. JJ is at 89.18% as I write this, so it could be close!

• For me, this was the easiest choice ever

• First half it looked like it would be Mehmeti's award to lose, and thought Obita had a great game but JJ was runaway winner long before the goal. Superb performance.

• I see Did not see had an uncharacteristically poor game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • Has to be JJ. Big shout to Scowen also who was superb

• Went JJ, but feel a bit sorry for Vokes and Stocko who were both fantastic

• JJ, followed by Vokes.

• Remember when we went up from league 2 and some people were worried he wouldn’t cut it in league 1 with his lack of pace

• JJ's conversion from left-back to centre-back has been one of my favourite sub-plots from the last nine (?) months

• JJ is like a fine wine getting better with age.

The man needs his own flag to pass across the terrace…. who’s in??

• @ReturnToSenda said:
      JJ's conversion from left-back to centre-back has been one of my favourite sub-plots from the last nine (?) months

I like the way he put it simply in an interview a while back, saying that he wants to stay here as long as he can.

He's shared the whole mad ride from just after the darkest days of the Torquay season throughout. Will be a sad day when he's off.

Is he out of contract this summer, or 1 more year?

• @username123 said:
      JJ is like a fine wine getting better with age.

I would be in. Would the flag have a curved arrow pointing the way to goal for the magic left wand inswinger?

• @railwaysteve said:

@username123 said:

I would be in. Would the flag have a curved arrow pointing the way to goal for the magic left wand inswinger?

Yes!!!! Now we are onto something!!!

Maybe the arrow pointing towards the corner flag?

‘GK’s hath no fury, like JJ’s left foot”

• Vokes played great today, his lay offs and headers on were special. JJ hard to vote against with his goal line clearance and equaliser but I think he is also at fault for their third goal, as he is caught flat footed as the striker heads past him pursued by Forino

• @railwaysteve said:

@username123 said:

I’ll work on the inswinger one, but created one just now for my profile pic

• Has to be scowen for me. Shot on sight. Didn't care he had been booked. Steve brown at Leicester

Hero

• Steve Brown got booked early on in a tussle with that Welsh bloke. He smashed him and won the midfield. Arise Scowen