Skip to content

Match day thread: Sunderland

Comments

• Hahahaha!

• Get in Vokes

• Well, that’s my prediction reached a bit too quickly.

• We’ve given away two stupid goals today.

• There’s more goals in this one

• Cracking end to end game

• Grimmer just doesn’t seem at the races, his positional play and closing down has been shocking.

Rest of the team are playing really well though.

• Oh ffs I thought it was a 1:30pm kick-off ...

• Great game.

• You haven’t missed much @Twizz . All kick and rush.

• @Twizz said:
    Oh ffs I thought it was a 1:30pm kick-off ...

I missed the first 15 as I had convinced myself it was a 12.45 start

• Grimmer is getting absolutely annihilated on his side. Both goals failing to stop crosses and a few other times too.

Forino not surprisingly is very raw, nudged off the first goal and I'd have to see the second one again to see if it was his man.

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Grimmer just doesn’t seem at the races, his positional play and closing down has been shocking.

Rest of the team are playing really well though.

Put a fkn tackle or block in man. Keeping an eye on stuff while they score is pointless.

• On the whole we’ve dealt quite well with their physical long ball approach. That just makes the goals we’ve given away even more frustrating though.

Taff for Forino at half time maybe? This is the first time he’s seemed slightly off the pace.

• Mehmeti and McCleary look very good as does Vokes today.
    Just need to watch the challenges for JJ and Scowen especially now though.

• Cracking game, both teams impressing. They're having a field day down our right though, we need to find a way of stopping them. Mehmeti causing them plenty of problems when he gets in their final third.

• Josh is on 5 bookings now. When do they reset? Or is that now a one match ban?

• Not sure how many seconds to wait before letting you know what a cracking half it’s been, with Wycombe playing superb attacking football. Very vulnerable in the right back area. Not sure who’s playing right wing back. Jack Grimmer I guess.

• Great game. Grimmer off the pace for second goal for me! I thought Stockdale had the first one covered. Forino looks okay to me. Still in it. Matching them I think.

• Good that we’ve got Thompson on the bench. Tempting to get him in early. Taf too if he’s fit perhaps. JJ is smart enough to stay out of trouble. Rock on!

• Attacked very fluidly, defended poorly. They haven't created much.

Not sure what Rob thought would happen with that speech

• Superb game. Really playing well. I have been critical of him in the past, but Vokes has played very well today - winning all headers. Mesmerised superb in the middle. Grimmer getting destroyed - looks absolutely exhausted as well. Possibly ill or carrying an injury??

• *Mehmeti

• @Gary said:
    Josh is on 5 bookings now. When do they reset? Or is that now a one match ban?

He'll now have a 1 match ban

• Messy game so far, to much niggly stuff and both a foul and off side for your second. We still need to start playing way below our average never mind our best. But that has to be down to you stopping us as well, which is an important part of the game.

• @Safc_in_peace said:
    This will be a test of our strength in depth, when you add those out injured to the Covid victims we have 13 of the first team squad missing.

So I think that the club should praised for getting a team out, other wouldn’t.

Call on your u23s sure you will be fine. Massive club v tinpot don’t worry

• I think we need to hope that Taf is close to fitness. Having watched that 1st half, it makes me very nervous when Forino is one or near the ball. The air kick at the end of the 1st half summed up this impression

• Would be tempted to change to 4 at the back or change Grimmer out. He's not attacking and he's getting cained defensively.

Maybe Forino needs a 3 at this stage of his development though. Wonder how fit Taf is.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Attacked very fluidly, defended poorly. They haven't created much.

Not sure what Rob thought would happen with that speech

What did he say?