Skip to content

Vote for Bayo in League One Goal of the Month for December!

Comments

• Feel a bit sorry for the other two going up against the might of Akinfenwa's social media following!

• I'm glad Bayo is still pulling on the shirt...even for off the bench cameos!

• Hopefully the club can give him an ambassadorial role next season

• @mooneyman said:
    Hopefully the club can give him an ambassadorial role next season

People say this, and it'd be lovely of course, but what actually would it involve?

Going to America to greet pockets of fans?

• @Malone said:

@mooneyman said:

People say this, and it'd be lovely of course, but what actually would it involve?

Going to America to greet pockets of fans?

Beat me to it! How many other clubs have that kind of role? I'm sure we could get him to do some paid socials, but I don't envisage a whole job for him.

• edited January 2022

I think it is usually a role at larger clubs with greater resources, but if there was ever a perfect fit for a smaller club utilizing an ambassador...

I think you are spot on as a starting point, @Malone. Bayo goes to the Super Bowl, meets and greets, frequently name drops Wycombe, has a penalty shoot out with The Rock with a Wycombe branded ball. It might be goofy and lighthearted, but the point is getting exposure for the club, especially as we are trying to be at the forefront of lower league clubs with a truly global footprint.

In agreement with @ReturnToSenda, I doubt it would be full time with his other ventures, but rather a certain amount of time for a certain amount of money for a certain amount of activities.

• Bayo is going to be a huge star when he retires. We'll be left to point him out on the telly and say "he used to play for us*

• @mooneyman said:

Players only love you when they’re playing

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@mooneyman said:

Players only love you when they’re playing

I think Bayo is a bit more than a player!