Skip to content

Sunderland pre match chat

Comments

• Have to say, I think all our home games this season have been thoroughly enjoyable, even the games we lost (Ipswich and Portsmouth) were good matches. A few of the away games have been drab, but I'd say we've been quite spoilt for excitement at AP this season.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Wycombe playing out from the back... That'll be the day.

I was going to say the same thing ! When have we ever done that ?

I was a bit disconnected from the club during the “Gormania” days and didn’t watch many games, but didn’t we play very slick stuff then?

• @OxfordBlue said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

I was a bit disconnected from the club during the “Gormania” days and didn’t watch many games, but didn’t we play very slick stuff then?

We did. The best footballing period in the league.
    However, it wasn't without big frustrations and while this team gets constant abuse for being skilled in gamesmanship , that team had very little skill in that area, and we'd constantly draw games we'd bossed.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Gormania was a wild ride, but to be honest I think I prefer this approach!

• Win our next two games and we will be top, irrelevant of any other results

• As Im going to be in Holland for the Sunderland game will I be able to watch it on i-follow or will I miss it because Sky are broadcasting it?

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    As Im going to be in Holland for the Sunderland game will I be able to watch it on i-follow or will I miss it because Sky are broadcasting it?

It won’t be on iFollow anywhere, but it’s worth checking Dutch tv. It’s on ESPN+ for me and @Shev.

• Can’t wait for this game. Come on you blues.

• @wwfcblue said:
    Win our next two games and we will be top, irrelevant of any other results

Not if Sunderland also win their game on the Tuesday night afterwards

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:
    Win our next two games and we will be top, irrelevant of any other results

Not if Sunderland also win their game on the Tuesday night afterwards

Sunderland fixture was not showing on the BBC website on NYE.

• Huge match this, we've played all the top sides away from home in the first half of the season and are still in the mix.

If we can still see off weaker sides away from home in a similar manner to how we did at home- which I'm confident we can as we demonstrated Vs Charlton, then improving on our results Vs the good teams when they come to AP will see us into the automatics.

Sunderland are in good form, but so long as Taf and Stewart are back we're basically at full strength too so I'll go 2-1 to us

• It’s going to be a bit of an ask to beat Sunderland, Wigan, Oxford, Franchise, Rotherham, Plymouth and Wednesday across our final 22 games, but if we did...

• edited January 2022

Hmm, Rotherham are the only great team out of those - and Wigan aren't far behind, but we're on a level with the rest and have every chance. Wednesday are really quite average. And before anyone says, jinxing is nonsense!

• edited January 2022

@LeedsBlue said:
    It’s going to be a bit of an ask to beat Sunderland, Wigan, Oxford, Franchise, Rotherham, Plymouth and Wednesday across our final 22 games, but if we did...

A big ask...and a few 'this is ***shit' mid-game posts to come along the way I would imagine, but we can but hope. My Wigan supporting colleague though quite optimistic...still does not like those games in hand. Have all of those teams had their 'blip' yet?

• We can beat any of those teams on our day. Stay positive and believe. I really think we can push for a top 2 place if we can avoid major injuries to key players and if we can bolster the squad with one or two real good loanees.

• If the game goes ahead, can we troll Sunderland by leaving a little tiny tin pot on each away seat? The cost would be worth it.

• @Shev said:
    If the game goes ahead, can we troll Sunderland by leaving a little tiny tin pot on each away seat? The cost would be worth it.

In which case we will have to troll you by getting your keeper to pick the ball out of the back of his net as often as the Shef We’d keeper had to.

• There’s absolutely no need for trolling.

If we win the match, it will be hilarious enough when Our House comes on over the tannoy at the full time whistle.

• I am sure most Mackems will be pleased that even a tinpot club down an industrial estate is excited at the prospect of playing their team, especially as there are only five points between us at the top of the table. Should be a great atmosphere even if it is a dire game lacking any real quality. :smile:

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Shev said:
    If the game goes ahead, can we troll Sunderland by leaving a little tiny tin pot on each away seat? The cost would be worth it.

In which case we will have to troll you by getting your keeper to pick the ball out of the back of his net as often as the Shef We’d keeper had to.

Did they ever pay for the seats they ripped out?

• We will win. I am going for 3-0. McCleary will tie them in knots.
    COYB

• I am still amazed that despite the actual facts and events being quite clear by now the PPG thing is still seen as us conspiring with the EFL to cheat...despite having won more points per game when the season ended and beating two 'superior' teams in the play-offs.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I am still amazed that despite the actual facts and events being quite clear by now the PPG thing is still seen as us conspiring with the EFL to cheat...despite having won more points per game when the season ended and beating two 'superior' teams in the play-offs.

People get it, they just like to cling to little details "or quick almost details" in childish spats , Twitter is pretty much designed for this purpose.

• edited January 2022

@Safc_in_peace said:

@Shev said:

He who puts his armour on should not boast as one who is taking it off.

• @Shev said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@Shev said:

He who puts his armour on should not boast as one who is taking it off.

I rather like that as a saying.

• Could the owner of a Red and White Mercedes, T1N P0T, return to your car in the upper tier.

Your handbrake is off and the car park’s on a hill!

• @Safc_in_peace You must be pretty chuffed about the way the season is going so far. Have you been surprised by the prominence of the young players in the success to date?

I wish you and your fellow travellers a good journey tomorrow. Wretched thing to do to you to make it a 12.30 kick-off.

• I usually see a coach load or two of Sunderland fans at Tibshelf services when they are on a southern away trip on the same day as we have a home game. Always seem a genial bunch, but then, I have never openly advertised my allegiance!