Skip to content

Arsenal v Manchester City

Anyone else enjoying this absolutely cracking game of football? Is Gabriel Martinelli the most talented 20-year-old in the Premier League?

Comments

• His teammate on the other flank might have something to say about that, but they're both right up there!

• Crikey, yes, forgot he’s also very young. Seems to have been around a long time but is three months younger than Martinelli. According to my Gooner son-in-law, there’s another very young star. Not sure who.

• @micra said:
    Crikey, yes, forgot he’s also very young. Seems to have been around a long time but is three months younger than Martinelli. According to my Gooner son-in-law, there’s another very young star. Not sure who.

Probably Emile Smith Rowe? Albeit slightly older at 21.

• Charlie Patino is about 12 and made his debut in the Cup last week, supposedly better than any of them if potential is reached.

• Smith-Rowe, that’s the guy.

@StrongestTeam - 12 year old made debut in Cup? Tell us more. Sounds incredible.

• @micra said:
    Crikey, yes, forgot he’s also very young. Seems to have been around a long time but is three months younger than Martinelli. According to my Gooner son-in-law, there’s another very young star. Not sure who.

Yes Charlie Patino is the next star coming through.Scored on his debut in the cup match v sunderland.Arsenal very much on the up with their exciting young team.

• @Aylesburyblue said:

@micra said:

Yes Charlie Patino is the next star coming through.Scored on his debut in the cup match v sunderland.Arsenal very much on the up with their exciting young team.

Really- aged 12?

• Dear oh lore

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Charlie Patino is about 12 and made his debut in the Cup last week, supposedly better than any of them if potential is reached.

So you see nothing unusual in a 12 year old playing in the Cup @eric_plant or is there a cup competition for players of that age that I’ve been blissfully ignorant about all these years. I simply sought clarification of something which, to me, sounded extraordinary. No need for you to express exasperation.

I’ve just googled and discovered that Patino recently turned 18. I guess your ignorant comment was based on what you saw as unbelievable stupidity on my part.

• Some grandchild or other of the famous footballing Gray family was on the bench for Leeds in the Premier League just before Xmas, and he’s only 9... ?

• @micra said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Charlie Patino is about 12 and made his debut in the Cup last week, supposedly better than any of them if potential is reached.

So you see nothing unusual in a 12 year old playing in the Cup @eric_plant or is there a cup competition for players of that age that I’ve been blissfully ignorant about all these years. I simply sought clarification of something which, to me, sounded extraordinary. No need for you to express exasperation.

I’ve just googled and discovered that Patino recently turned 18. I guess your ignorant comment was based on what you saw as unbelievable stupidity on my part.

I can't believe in all your years of conversations that you've never heard someone using exaggeration to re-inforce a point?
    There was never going to be a 12 year old playing :D

• Having seen @LeedsBlue’s post above, I’m not sure whether to feel vindicated or in suspended disbelief!

‘Looks about 12’ I would obviously not have had any doubts but ‘is about 12’ is what it says on the tin to someone on the spectrum and with OCD. Wether I can trust @StrongestTeam in future, I’m not sure!

Oh dear oh Lor’ !

• @micra said:
    Having seen @LeedsBlue’s post above, I’m not sure whether to feel vindicated or in suspended disbelief!

‘Looks about 12’ I would obviously not have had any doubts but ‘is about 12’ is what it says on the tin to someone on the spectrum and with OCD. Wether I can trust @StrongestTeam in future, I’m not sure!

Oh dear oh Lor’ !

Had no idea this would be so problematic but can always rely on you to correct a poorly delivered phrase. Thanks, or Thank you.

Trust no one. Or no-one, or nobody. Aaargh

• @micra said:
    Having seen @LeedsBlue’s post above, I’m not sure whether to feel vindicated or in suspended disbelief!

Oh dear oh Lor’ !

You seem to have overlooked that, given the age of most of the posters on here, anyone under the age of about 30 can be lumped together as "looking like they are only 12".
    Mostly it's the police and just qualified doctors who fit the picture, but it's no surprise to me that footballers making their league debut now also "look only 12".

• Having finally googled Charlie Patino, I can confirm the gross exaggeration.

He looks about 13.

• I definitely cannot be relied upon to correct a poorly delivered phrase, @StrongestTeam ! I’d have an absolute field day if I set out to do that. Life’s too short.

My problem (one of many) is a tendency to take things too literally and to beat myself up for not being able to get my head round certain concepts or to fully comprehend complex and difficult arguments. I’m a simple linguist. I can’t compete with the intellectuals on this great forum.

• @micra said:

Oh dear oh Lor’ !

Whether not wether surely? ?

• I think I'm losing the will to live.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    I think I'm losing the will to live.

?

• I'm a bit late to this...did I miss anything?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

Not sure wether 2B please or knot.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I'm a bit late to this...did I miss anything?

Just a silly childish vendetta between me and @eric_plant. I was hoping we’d moved on.

• I always like clicking on threads to see how far from the thread title they have strayed. I like to imagine an Arsenal or Man City fan happening across this forum and eagerly searching out our collective thoughts...

• @micra said:

@Wendoverman said:

Just a silly childish vendetta between me and @eric_plant. I was hoping we’d moved on.

Shouldn't it be @eric_plant and I?

• No vendetta on my part, apologies if it's been taken as such

• @mooneyman said:

@micra said:

@Wendoverman said:

Shouldn't it be @eric_plant and I?

No

• Isn’t question 1 of the test to join the Gasroom:

“Do you have a vendetta with @eric_plant?”

• I've fallen out with a fair few people but never Micra, to my knowledge. Not really sure what he means to be honest

• @micra said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

Not sure wether 2B please or knot.

Post of the day ?