Skip to content

Sunderland (h) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 25 - Sat 8th Jan 2022 - 12:30 KO

edited January 2022 in Football

Biggest home gate of the season? One of the biggest challenges to predict for certain.

My own view because of the time of year, covid, tv game and the early kick off we might actually have a bigger crowd for the Argyle game on Good Friday and the Sheffield Wednesday game on April 23rd provided we are close to the automatics and the other side is involved at least with the play offs.

That said it appears that Sunderland have sold their allocation of 1800 already despite a lot of nay saying about coming on their forum. Apparently they don't like our ground or the way we play.

I am going a bit under what we had last home league game against the stranded whales - [8395 / 2065 on 19/10/19] - I think it will be a cracking game and I make the bold prediction that the terrace will sell out.

Closing time for predictions will be 1 hour before KO as always - so 11:30 on Sat. Post early for Sunderland.

I go 7557 with 1800.

Comments

• 6789 with 1800 mackems

• 6522 with 1800 away

• 6994 with 1798, thanks!

• 8162 with 1800 from the north

• 7100 with1765 Sunderland

• 8432 with 1734 Sunderland supporters

• 7778 with 1800

• 7137 with 1796 away

• 7,444 with 1,777 wondering what happened to their rightful place at the top table.

• 7450 with 1750 Sooonerland

• 7986 with 1800 of em mackams

• 7745 with 1956 angry red stripes.

• 7230 with 1780 away please

• Just seeing the statement from Sunderland about Covid, so I'm going to call it
    Total 0, including 0 from Sunderland

• Sorry to be pedantic but if the game's off it should be regarded as attendance n/a not 0. If it was played behind closed doors it would be 0.

• @LDF said:
    Sorry to be pedantic but if the game's off it should be regarded as attendance n/a not 0. If it was played behind closed doors it would be 0.

Actually didn't they up the quota for BCD to about 50 per team? Hard to see how that qualifies as being 0, but I take your point.

• None of the 50 would be paying spectators, would they?

• @Twizz said:
    Just seeing the statement from Sunderland about Covid, so I'm going to call it
    Total 0, including 0 from Sunderland.

Covid Rule in action

@Twizz is the first to say Saturdays game will be postponed. If it is @Twizz will gain the right to have a zero score for the rearranged game. There will be a new thread for the rearranged game on which everyone can forecast as normal, (even @Twizz if a go at a spot on score seems like a good idea).
    @Twizz would be the only forecaster to take a zero prediction forward - being the first to do so for the Sunderland game, however cannot make another game postponed prediction this season.

I do hope the EFL sort something rational to prevent a series of games being called off at the last minute, and introduce an element to take the bite out of the suspicion that a club could use poor covid control to gain an advantage.

• 7,233 with 1,794 Sunderland.

• 7,788 with 1,769 former Premier League fans bewildered by being back at such a ‘tin pot club’ yet again.
    And going even redder in the face than their Christmas pressie replica kit as the teams walk out to ‘Our House’, the Makems having failed to take up our pre match offer of ‘a free mango’ for all visiting fans that had to leave the industrial waste land of home at 6.00am to reach the rolling Chiltern
    hills of leafy Bucks basking in the crisp frosty countryside of a January weekend morning.

• Deadline is 11:30 Sat - just for this competition (All other competitions it is kick off)

Thurs morning - 16 predictions in

Average for Total Crowd: 7459
    Average for Away Crowd 1794

@Twizz was first to predict 'game off' any other such predictions won't score zero.

Happy predicting for this exciting game.

• 7,171 with 1,784 Mackems

• 7,800 with 1,800 away

• 7,070 with 1,800 (official) most welcome visitors from the Bank of England Club.

• 7202 with 1800 visitors. Thanks!

• 7125 with 1800 SAFC fans

• 6799 including 1799 northerners

• 7500 with 1789 away fans

• 7638 - 1789 Sunderland

• 24 predictions in Friday early evening.

Deadline is 11:30 tomorrow for this competition.

So a reminder for:
    @BlueBoy
    @bookertease
    @BSE
    @DevC
    @DJWYC
    @eric_plant
    @ForeverBlue
    @HCBlue
    @JohnBoy
    @micra
    @NewburyWanderer