Skip to content

Match day thread: Charlton

Comments

• Nice club and I like the badge if a touch heavy with the font.

• It's an old version, but Charlton are who we took 'inspiration' from for our circular badge.

• Small horses head looking at the floor wearing a really big version Dogtanian's hat

• Cheers @bluntphil , Happy New Year, for those unable to make it for whatever reason please try not to shout too much :)

• Team news in 10. Please bin the back 3 ?

• 10 minutes til team announced.... be interesting to see what it is today !

Happy new year everyone !

Decided against going today, could really do with that new Wycombe FC TV station today as none of the streams ever work !

• Still no Taff, Grimmer in for Stewart and Mehmeti starts ahead of Thommo.

• My optimism just went whooosh right off a cliff.

• Blimey... I know Forino has done ok, but to be starting in front of Stewart ! No sorry.

Still no Horgan, if I was him I'd be getting the arse an having a serious think

• Forino over Stewart will be a fitness thing, fair enough. But is Pendlebury not fit? He's raw, but you'd rather have him in there over Mehmeti. Far too open and we're going to get carved right through again. As for McCarthy... I can't remember the last time I felt so frustrated with one of our players. We can all see he's bang out of form and has been all season.

• I'm also starting to think that maybe Taff is made of egg shells

• With the Luton game postponed today, I wonder if commentary will be on DAB (and therefore Freeview). @bluntphil

• edited January 2022

@HolmerBlue said:
    I'm also starting to think that maybe Taff is made of egg shells

Not in squad for 21*/69 league games including today

*one a suspension

• Looks a fragile lineup but, who knows, they might surprise us! My 2-2 looking pretty unlikely but would certainly settle for that now.

• It always feels dangerous when Taf and Stewart are out together.

However, we'll certainly learn if Forino can be a decent player for us.
    And the 3 at the back probably will help him more than a 2.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@HolmerBlue said:

*one a suspension

So he's missed nearly a 3rd of games since he's been here, that's a lot, but actually not as many as I thought

• Interesting line up. Has Horgan run over Ainsworth’s cat. I know he hasn’t been brilliant but surely he deserves a run out. Not optimistic for this afternoon.

• @davecz said:
    Interesting line up. Has Horgan run over Ainsworth’s cat. I know he hasn’t been brilliant but surely he deserves a run out. Not optimistic for this afternoon.

He has been good though, deserved a run out today after the other night I'd say

• @HolmerBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@HolmerBlue said:

*one a suspension

So he's missed nearly a 3rd of games since he's been here, that's a lot, but actually not as many as I thought

There's at least one big injury in there but it's not great. Reinforcements required I think.

• In fairness, Taf's record isn't helped by missing half of last season!

• Horgan might be closer to the door. Who knows. If he can’t figure on the bench with a tired squad I suspect he might be slipping out for good.

• Whether it's just usual bullshit or not, hopefully it is... but just saw on the Facebook page in the team post today, someone has said they've heard Stewart is off this month

• edited January 2022

@HolmerBlue said:
    Whether it's just usual bullshit or not, hopefully it is... but just saw on the Facebook page in the team post today, someone has said they've heard Stewart is off this month

I think the key word here is 'Facebook'! He's OOC at the end of the season - if he leaves, it won't be until then.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Whether it's just usual bullshit or not, hopefully it is... but just saw on the Facebook page in the team post today, someone has said they've heard Stewart is off this month

Not this again :D

• Big chance for Forino. GA obviously trusts him, but it’ll be a good indication of our real ambition whether or not we sign a CB in the window.

Always good to see Mehmeti in the 11, but we’re going to be vulnerable thru the middle.

• @Malone said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Not this again :D

Don't shot the messenger lol... I did say its probably bullshit

• Would like to have seen Horgan in for Hanlan. An on form Hanlan is a real threat, but against Wimbledon and Ipswich he was poor. Horgan is much more consistent and links up well with McCleary.

Anyway COYB!

• Alicia back on co-comms. Fantastic!