Skip to content

Man of the Match - Ipswich

Tough pick.

Poll not found

Comments

• Horgan? De Barr?
      I’m not sure any of the above deserve much support.

• Stocko for that first half save.

• I went McCarthy - I thought he did a lot of running, and his defending was fine. Unlucky to be brought down when almost through on goal, and had some decent interceptions. Crossing still poor, but he did have that great corner. Body of work superior to anyone else tonight.

• I need an additional category - wish I hadn’t seen. All my yelling and effing not good for the health.

• A fine performance from all, Stewart looking class as ever

• Stewart for me

• I went Mehmeti, at least he tried to put the ball in the net.

• I went with Obita, I thought he put in a shift defensively and was OK going forward too.

• Stocko for me, Stewart also pretty good in the circumstances. Not many marks for any forwards.

• Didn’t think Stewart had one of his better games. And I’m his number one fan.

• @drcongo said:
      I went Mehmeti, at least he tried to put the ball in the net.

Do you think Wycombe were trying to win today?

• @LX1 said:

@drcongo said:
      I went Mehmeti, at least he tried to put the ball in the net.

Do you think Wycombe were trying to win today?

Oh of course, there was no playing for a draw there, we just weren't very good.

• Oh, hats off to Forino though too. Pretty assured performance and his passing was pretty good.

• How would you rate 'trying to win' on a scale of 1 to 100?

• @LX1 said:
      How would you rate 'trying to win' on a scale of 1 to 100?

I think trying to win is a good idea, I would give it 100 of your imaginary points.

• I agree. Every team scores 100 in every game. I was asking you to rate Wycombe in this game as you seem to think Wycombe 'have no intention of winning' sometimes?

• @LX1 said:
      I agree. Every team scores 100 in every game. I was asking you to rate Wycombe in this game as you seem to think Wycombe 'have no intention of winning' sometimes?

You seem to think playing for a draw is something that's never happened. Have you only just got into football?

• Other than fixed matches, 'playing for a draw (from kick off)' has never been a factor in any professional footballer's career I assure you. At the risk of sounding like Andy Townsend..'Have you ever played the game?'

• @drcongo said:

@LX1 said:
      I agree. Every team scores 100 in every game. I was asking you to rate Wycombe in this game as you seem to think Wycombe 'have no intention of winning' sometimes?

You seem to think playing for a draw is something that's never happened. Have you only just got into football?

Didn't you only start watching football when you were 18 and that's why you don't like World Cups?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
      Stocko for that first half save.

Exactly same reason for my own choice.

• 'The Sun revolves around the Earth'

New manager bounce'

• @eric_plant said:

@drcongo said:

@LX1 said:

Didn't you only start watching football when you were 18 and that's why you don't like World Cups?

Can always rely on you and your little database of facts about me. What's the point that you were trying and failing to make?

• I can't speak for anyone else. But you did ask me 'Have you just got into football?'

• And you said no professional footballer has ever played for a draw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_City_2–2_Bristol_City_(1977)

• the link doesn't work..give me the synopsis

• @drcongo said:

@eric_plant said:

@drcongo said:

@LX1 said:

Can always rely on you and your little database of facts about me. What's the point that you were trying and failing to make?

None really

I wonder if it's why you take defeat so badly all the time though

• It's very cute of you to follow me around like this and jump in when you see an opportunity to get my attention, but if you go follow me through the match day thread you'll see I'm not taking this defeat badly. We played worse than them and we lost.

• In your humble opinion

• edited December 2021

Maybe a separate petty squabble thread is required and another one for long standing feuds.

• @StrongestTeam said:
      Maybe a separate petty squabble thread is required, and another one for long standing fudes.

I don't think so