Skip to content

January transfer window

2»

Comments

• Earlier this month he said on commentary that he was jogging in the gym and hoped to be back on the grass quite soon. Just light training, I assume. And, yes, wishful optimism in my part.

• On my part. Leave my part alone.

• @micra said:
    Earlier this month he said on commentary that he was jogging in the gym and hoped to be back on the grass quite soon. Just light training, I assume. And, yes, wishful optimism in my part.

Ahh, I vaguely remember you saying now. Fingers crossed!

• I really can't see Nick returning until February. Bust his ACL late August v Lincoln, didn't have the reconstruction until 3rd week of September I think? As @ReturnToSenda says, very wishful thinking to hope he's back on the field in a few weeks. I know he was co presenter the other week saying he was back on a treadmill, but running in a very protected environment is a lot different to full blooded tackling with opposing resistance of studded boots on your feet!

• I’d be very surprised if Freeman played again this season.

• I imagine it takes quite a long time to build up strength in effectively a new knee? And then you've got to build up your general fitness on top of that. Sounds like he could well play again this season, though, which is a lot better than I'd feared.

• Makes sound sense @EwanHoosaami. My optimism sometimes runs away with me.

• If only that dirty b#stard hadn't sliced Nick in two... He was mighty impressive at Rwb reckon he would of made it his own similar to Fred did last season on the left.

We need a proper Rwb, Grimmer has done well at cb and rb. Mccarthy hasn't been up to it at all although I don't he'll get dropped considering he's been captain recently.

• Minimal rumours around us signing anyone. Keeping our cards close to our chest or just feeling content same as most of us.

• Don’t see us doing much business in January and I hope that means not losing key players.

I’m very happy to watch McCarthy at right wing back.

• We’ve not seen the best of McCarthy at wing back so far this season. I think with all the out and out attacking players we have up front now, he could afford to play more conservatively. Too often, Grimmer doesn’t get the protection that he needs as right sided centre back. He probably needs to be a bit less gung ho.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I imagine it takes quite a long time to build up strength in effectively a new knee? And then you've got to build up your general fitness on top of that. Sounds like he could well play again this season, though, which is a lot better than I'd feared.

And a lot better than a lot of us feared.

• Hopefully we don’t lose anyone other than that I’m happy with the team unless of course we get the offer of a a loan we couldn’t refuse.

• Could someone , perhaps @ReturnToSenda remind me how big squads can be and how many we already have that qualify.

• edited December 2021

As far as I can tell (just looked this up and it looks slightly different to how I remember), it's 22 outfield players who were 21 or older on 1st Jan this year. In which case we've got room for two more 'senior' players - assuming Jean-Baptiste Fischer (yeah, I'd forgotten about him too) is registered.

• Not a fix for us, but interesting that Jacob Gardiner-Smith has not found another club. Thought he looked fairly promising.

• edited December 2021

@thecatwwfc said:
    Not a fix for us, but interesting that Jacob Gardiner-Smith has not found another club. Thought he looked fairly promising.

Did his ACL - here's an interview from March this year: https://www.younggoat.co.uk/blogs/the-yg-blog/young-goat-jacob-blog-post

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@thecatwwfc said:
    Not a fix for us, but interesting that Jacob Gardiner-Smith has not found another club. Thought he looked fairly promising.

Did his ACL - here's an interview from March this year: https://www.younggoat.co.uk/blogs/the-yg-blog/young-goat-jacob-blog-post

Didn’t Stocko make a contribution towards his surgery costs?

• 29 minutes into the window and we haven't made a single signing. Disgraceful.

• When will Deli Alli be making his debut!!

• Gareth was just on Five Live and it sounds as if we’ll be looking at a couple of loans in the window, with the possibility of a permanent signing of the right one comes available