Skip to content

COVID 19 and Club's Vaccination Status

Comments

• edited December 2021

Well they're hardly going to be asked to model a best case scenario, are they? Not even this government needs guidance on how to deal with a situation where there are zero hospitalisations. Kinell.

• You’ll get there eventually Tom.

• @Onlooker said:
    You’ll get there eventually Tom.

You need help

• No Tom I’m fine. £20k in my wife’s account plus the cash and other assets if mine are frozen. Can’t do a lot for my five employees when I’m carted off/excluded from society but I’ll live with the consequences of my actions and not ask for your help son

• What the fuck are you on about?

• My first Ignore of the Christmas season!

• @Onlooker said:
    No Tom I’m fine. £20k in my wife’s account plus the cash and other assets if mine are frozen. Can’t do a lot for my five employees when I’m carted off/excluded from society but I’ll live with the consequences of my actions and not ask for your help son

You can help your employee’s if your carted off actually. Perhaps review your company protection policies.

• edited December 2021

@username123 said:

@Onlooker said:
    No Tom I’m fine. £20k in my wife’s account plus the cash and other assets if mine are frozen. Can’t do a lot for my five employees when I’m carted off/excluded from society but I’ll live with the consequences of my actions and not ask for your help son

You can help your employee’s if your carted off actually. Perhaps review your company protection policies.

Or @Onlooker could reconsider being so bafflingly selfish if refusing to take a vaccine is threatening the livelihoods of their employees.

• @Wendoverman said:
    My first Ignore of the Christmas season!

Come on @Wendoverman its the time for Peace on Earth and goodwill to all men! Why did God not include women though?

• @Wendoverman said:
    I always ask a professional sportsperson's opinion on major issues...they are usually such widely read highly educated people.

Sigh

• @mooneyman said:

@Wendoverman said:
    My first Ignore of the Christmas season!

Come on @Wendoverman its the time for Peace on Earth and goodwill to all men! Why did God not include women though?

If you read most religious books, you'll find god hates women.

• @Onlooker said:

Selma envy.

You desperately want to be a persecuted freedom fighter with a valiant cause, but you've chosen a really fucking daft hill to die on fighting against vaccines.

• ‘Selma envy,’ is a excellent turn of phrase. I’ll store that away for the future.

• @username123 said:

@Onlooker said:

@Onlooker What about your customers? If your company has COVID and you end up passing a variant onto them causing them and their families to become seriously ill, how would you feel? Think about the implications on your business and employees?

• edited December 2021

Sorry to revert to football, but I've just seen that as long as you can name a squad of 14 players - including a GK - you can't get the game called off in the EFL. Not even 14 including 13 outfield players (so you could make three 'normal' subs) from the looks of it - which would be the absolute bare minimum you might consider reasonable in the circumstances.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Sorry to revert to football, but I've just seen that as long as you can name a squad of 14 players - including a GK - you can't get the game called off in the EFL. Not even 14 including 13 outfield players (so you could make three 'normal' subs) from the looks of it - which would be the absolute bare minimum you might consider reasonable in the circumstances.

Wasn't that the normal for us before the takeover? We often had reduced numbers on the bench

• @Otter87 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Wasn't that the normal for us before the takeover? We often had reduced numbers on the bench

I wouldn't say it was normal - we usually managed to have at least 5!

• I am old enough to remember when there was only one substitute on the bench - I am sure some (maybe @micra ) can remember when there were none. Not ideal perhaps but in difficult times…..

Does feel like FA Cup replays may be scrapped this year for Rd3 -5 for those rounds not already cancelled and I fear may never return. Surely sensible too not to play league cup games this week (and maybe end that competition altogether at least for this season - maybe permanently.)

• edited December 2021

I wonder if we'll let Sullay Kaikai go to the AFCON - assuming he's called up. I guess we'll have to. Crazy that it seems set to go ahead in a country where there's currently a civil war, mind you (plus a cholera outbreak plus Covid).

• @DevC said:

>

Does feel like FA Cup replays may be scrapped this year for Rd3 -5 for those rounds not already cancelled and I fear may never return. Surely sensible too not to play league cup games this week (and maybe end that competition altogether at least for this season - maybe permanently.)

Isn’t it odd that so many of the necessary precautions being recommended due to Covid are the very changes the PL have wanted for years.

• Just had mine down there. Extremely efficient, in and out before my appointment slot!

• Well done Wheel's!

• Very pleased to see them tweeting this and wonderful that it's David Wheeler getting the jab. A true role model.

• Yes well done David, if only all footballers were as intelligent as you. ?

• Not a big surprise...but great for David Wheeler to get it out there. Excellent example.

• edited December 2021

Well done David

• Well done David

• Seem to recall him being sidelined a few weeks at the beginning of the season with Covid wasn’t he? Totally agree, great to see the club putting this out there.

• Blackburn v Hull called off an hour and 45 minutes before kick-off. What an utter joke.