Skip to content

2 days (possibly) to plan for covid passports at the ground

1789101113»

Comments

• Sorry @Wendoverman - I really should always go into landscape mode rather than trust a half inch wide finger tip to select the correct millimetre wide thumb.
    By hitting the upward thumb now, I will merely restore the status quo.

• Long Covid is a real horror. I know a couple of people struggling with it...and I dont know that many people!

• edited December 2021

@Wendoverman said:
    I understand professional cyclists have been demanding as many vaccines as they can get into their system...them all being asthmatics like??

At least one team did make it compulsory...

• OT but booking is open for 12-18s to book second jabs.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I understand professional cyclists have been demanding as many vaccines as they can get into their system...them all being asthmatics like??

At leas one team did make it compulsory...

I bet.

• edited December 2021

I wonder if we had a Christmas party. I'm guessing not as the players had that night out after the Sheff Wed game, which maybe served as it.

I'm on the wrong thread, aren't I...

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

Trying to put myself in their shoes if I was in a younger age group and knew of dozens of people who had had Covid without significant short or longer term ill effects without such information I might also feel a bit loathe to get the jab.

Particularly with the new variant and the way that this untrustworthy government and some news organisations have used the (initially) comparatively high vaccine rates in party politics.

Putting myself in their shoes it’s a roll of the dice. Don’t get jabbed, get a mild dose and don’t infect loved ones or vulnerable friends so what. Don’t get jabbed and get long Covid, infect loved one and vulnerable friends and it’s a different set of circumstances.

Exactly what I'm saying. Give me some facts give me figures that demonstrates the benefits.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I wonder if we had a Christmas party. I'm guessing not as the players had that night out after the Sheff Wed game, which maybe served as it.

There was certainly a team night out photo doing the rounds, One where I genuinely couldn’t figure out if it was fancy dress or not, after the sheff weds game.

We had the following weekend off and then on the Tuesday vs Burton taff and Stewart were missing with “illness”.

2 + 2 = 5 and all that, but it did make me wonder….

• @eric_plant said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@LDF said:
    @StrongestTeam - I think you've mis-read @eric_plant 's post. He said freedom DOESN'T mean you can do whatever you want.

Yeah, more expanding on it and a bit of semantics, not disagreeing with Eric's point

I disagree

I agree with this.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I would love a gasroom Christmas party

• You’ve been having one for 5 years

• @DevC said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

This isn't just a simple difference of opinion, though, is it? This is people (with some exceptions, e.g. vulnerable individuals targeted by anti-vaxxers) acting highly irresponsibly in the midst of a public health crisis which has killed over five million people.

While I don't agree with them, you don't accept the possibility that some people may have what they consider to be legitimate concerns about injecting a relatively new vaccine into their body or about the whole principle of western medicine and the effect it can have on the human bodies auto immune defence systems?

A liberal society demands respect for other peoples right to think differently to you. Be very careful what you wish for and tolerate or even encourage.

How many of these people do we think genuinely reject the very concept of Western medicine? And how many ask absolutely no question when it comes to the ingredients of the things they consume on a daily basis (medicine or otherwise)? This sums it up as well as anything I've seen:

• @DevC said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

This isn't just a simple difference of opinion, though, is it? This is people (with some exceptions, e.g. vulnerable individuals targeted by anti-vaxxers) acting highly irresponsibly in the midst of a public health crisis which has killed over five million people.

While I don't agree with them, you don't accept the possibility that some people may have what they consider to be legitimate concerns about injecting a relatively new vaccine into their body or about the whole principle of western medicine and the effect it can have on the human bodies auto immune defence systems?

A liberal society demands respect for other peoples right to think differently to you. Be very careful what you wish for and tolerate or even encourage.

How many of these people do we think genuinely reject the very concept of Western medicine? And how many ask absolutely no question when it comes to the ingredients of the things they consume on a daily basis (medicine or otherwise)? This sums it up as well as anything I've seen:

• edited January 2022

I know what is in a vaccine: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease. So I am quite keen on that Western medicine. I don't like being photographed though as I read somewhere they are stealing your soul.