Skip to content

COVID 19 and Club's Vaccination Status

Comments

• The answer is no we havnt, but I for one would absolutely love it if we did

• It is a shame when probably the vast majority of fans of clubs at our level of support have probably been fully vaxxed and are ready to go waving their NHS print-outs but the players can't. As the Bolton game was called off because of infection in their camp I would like to think that even if we are not fully done the measures in place at the club are keeping us safe. I can see @aloysius point.

• I would settle for the club ensuring that all of its matchday employees from the field to the back room to the kiosks are vaccinated and for the EFL to do the same on a club by club basis as a basic requirement of being allowed to compete in its competitions and for the government to bring in measures to ensure that people attending a working environment were up to date with their vaccinations. Much easier when everyone focuses on what is under their direct control rather than asking others 'pretty please, you sort your house out if you would be so kind'.

• I wonder what sort of character is against vaccination, hears their local football player recommending it, then has it. That would seem weird to me.

But then most of us got our jabs without much debate.

• @Malone said:
    I wonder what sort of character is against vaccination, hears their local football player recommending it, then has it. That would seem weird to me.

But then most of us got our jabs without much debate.

Maybe Gaz and/or one of the generals could pay refusenik fans surprise visits with an accredited jabber

• Noticed quite a few of our fans sharing anti vax articles on Twitter

• There's a team of Championship players who will be turning up en masse at their local vaccination centre tomorrow to get their boosters, and have invited the media to cover. It's a brilliant statement. Really leading by example.

• @boozyblue85 said:
    Noticed quite a few of our fans sharing anti vax articles on Twitter

Should be a lifetime ban.

• @drcongo said:

@boozyblue85 said:
    Noticed quite a few of our fans sharing anti vax articles on Twitter

Should be a lifetime ban.

Maybe give them their own area in the ground and keep them away from people, it was tried for the vulnerable at the other end of the scale

• Spotted a guy on facebook quoting an article from a very well respected, well known thinker on things...

Matt Le Tissier!

• edited December 2021

I'm seen some absolutely horrendous takes from our fans on Twitter (I realise this could apply to anything at any time).

• @Malone said:
    Spotted a guy on facebook quoting an article from a very well respected, well known thinker on things...

Matt Le Tissier!

Fuck me he couldn’t even decide to leave Southampton

• @username123 said:

@Malone said:
    Spotted a guy on facebook quoting an article from a very well respected, well known thinker on things...

Matt Le Tissier!

How is asking for an investigation into the incidence of heart problems amongst professional sportspersons remotely controversial?

• edited December 2021

@Onlooker said:

@username123 said:

@Malone said:

Matt Le Tissier!

How is asking for an investigation into the incidence of heart problems amongst professional sportspersons remotely controversial?

Because he's making a false claim that there are "loads" of heart issues now caused by the vaccine.

Which you as a David Icke fan may agree with, but it falls into the dangerous misinformation / covid denier folder.

• Are you not ever so slightly concerned?

• Oh here we go again

• PL to discuss tomorrow whether to postpone the round of fixtures after Boxing Day

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    PL to discuss tomorrow whether to postpone the round of fixtures after Boxing Day

After Boxing Day, so keeping the Boxing Day ones?
    I suppose the problem is that there are 3 rounds of games over 6 days otherwise.

• Wait, if we job swap and give the epidemiologists responsibility for cricket we might stand a better chance in the third test!

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    PL to discuss tomorrow whether to postpone the round of fixtures after Boxing Day

I suppose the problem is that there are 3 rounds of games over 6 days otherwise.

Yep! Although the experts say it wouldn't make much difference. Unless you make them bubble properly, how can you avoid infections?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Yep! Although the experts say it wouldn't make much difference. Unless you make them bubble properly, how can you avoid infections?

They're making the assumption that the carnage that caused 6 games to be off this game week has settled down over the next week for one.

That 28/29th Dec game was always a bit of a mad squeeze in anyway.

• Oh, it's ridiculous to ask any team at any level to play two games in three days.

• It's the way it's not equal for all clubs, in some will be stitched up with a tiny turnaround and others will have an extra day.

• I always ask a professional sportsperson's opinion on major issues...they are usually such widely read highly educated people.

• The guy is nothing to do with cricket or sports.
    He's billed as a university professor.

But in a subject nothing to do with any of this.

• Why is it whenever someone on twitter writes
    "views expressed are my own", they're normally either abusive idiots, falsehood spreaders, or some sort of wanna be "controversial" entities?

• Or any member of SAGE - see Graham Medley