Skip to content

Ikpeazu

Comments

• @arnos_grove said:
    Maybe Bobby C will seal the deal by dipping into that unspent £10m Championship Fund that @aloysius often refers to?

Good signs are that Anis smiled when he scored and celebrated with others. Can’t remember who it was, but there was someone on here getting hung up about that earlier in the year.

Only another six months or so before we find out how some of this money actually has been spent, though I have full confidence the accounts will be as opaque as they possibly can be.

It would be nice if some of this windfall actually made it into improving aspects of the "fans' experience" that can't be monetised. I get that glitzy advertising hoardings might in theory turn a profit, and that the broadband allows them to employ fewer people to staff tills. It's a shame that none of the money is being spent on making the toilets more pleasant though.

I'm not sure how many times Rob Couhig flies over and brings his family with him - or whether they pay themselves or the Club does - but it would only take the cost of a few business class flights to upgrade the toilets... or a mere smidgeon of the money from the Championship...

• This is the most together squad of players that I have ever seen in all my years following football.

absolute madness that anyone could call that into question by the perception of their "body language"

• @aloysius said:

Only another six months or so before we find out how some of this money actually has been spent, though I have full confidence the accounts will be as opaque as they possibly can be.

I have it on good authority that £9.5 million of it has been placed in trust to guarantee firework displays until 2088. Exciting times!

• @aloysius said:

@arnos_grove said:
    Maybe Bobby C will seal the deal by dipping into that unspent £10m Championship Fund that @aloysius often refers to?

Good signs are that Anis smiled when he scored and celebrated with others. Can’t remember who it was, but there was someone on here getting hung up about that earlier in the year.

It would be nice if some of this windfall actually made it into improving aspects of the "fans' experience" that can't be monetised. I get that glitzy advertising hoardings might in theory turn a profit, and that the broadband allows them to employ fewer people to staff tills. It's a shame that none of the money is being spent on making the toilets more pleasant though.

I'm not sure how many times Rob Couhig flies over and brings his family with him - or whether they pay themselves or the Club does - but it would only take the cost of a few business class flights to upgrade the toilets... or a mere smidgeon of the money from the Championship...

Brilliant.

• @arnos_grove said:

Guilty! I simply commented that I’d never seen him smile. I still haven’t. Can’t recall being hung up about it, whatever that means. People rightly said that they didn’t care a jot about his facial expressions or words to that effect.

Aaron Amadi-Holloway was reportedly undemonstrative after he or, more usually, a teammate scored. To be honest, I’d never noticed. I think one or two on here have suggested that Ryan Tafazolli sometimes seems less than fully committed. Again, must say I’ve not noticed but that may be because I’ve only watched three or four games ‘live’.

• Taff tweeted something along the lines of 'Thank you to the fans who travelled, you really were the 12th man. What an amazing club'....

• @arnos_grove said:

@aloysius said:

I have it on good authority that £9.5 million of it has been placed in trust to guarantee firework displays until 2088. Exciting times!

@arnos_grove I doff my cap to you with this comment that just made me spit out my cup of tea!

• @bigred87 said:
    Taff tweeted something along the lines of 'Thank you to the fans who travelled, you really were the 12th man. What an amazing club'....

Pro footy player auto responder.
    Just needed something about "buzzing" as well.

• @Malone said:

@bigred87 said:
    Taff tweeted something along the lines of 'Thank you to the fans who travelled, you really were the 12th man. What an amazing club'....

Pro footy player auto responder.
    Just needed something about "buzzing" as well.

On to the next one. Player social media bingo

• My two boys spotted Taff in the car park after the Bolton game, chatting with a friend. As kids do these days they went and asked for a ‘selfie’. He was incredibly gracious and accommodating. Had a proper chat with them about the game and, maybe a shock for some, smiled the whole time. Whether he’s “unsettled” or not, you’d have to ask him or his agent, but he couldn’t have done a better job of hiding it if is.

• He’s a charming guy and, according to mrs micra, very handsome!

• Not just Mrs Micra that's noticed that, he's an absolute dreamboat

• I was being coy, Mr Pickwick.

• I've got a funny feeling that we might get him in Jan....

• -Anis smiled at the end of his signing interview video.
    -Taff walked round with the players clapping after Tuesday nights win (even though he had been ill and on the bench).
    -It takes some players longer than others to be ‘Wycombised’.
    -On another point I agree re state of loos and direction of investment dominated by monetisation.
    -The broken record of ‘best facilities in the EFL’ is wearing as thin as some of the not for profit elements of the ‘match day experience’.

• I understand why he wanted to go and why we let him and I think Vokes is a good player for us...but can't help but think Uche could have done really well this season in this League in front of us lot!

• That bastion of knowledge, wisdom and fairness that is Alan Nixon.

• Wycombe Wanderers feeder club Millwall.

• Ikpeazu is surely the wrong ‘type’ of player for Millwall.

• Terrible comment

• Ed_Ed_
    edited December 2021

Terrible club, don’t shoot the messenger.

• edited December 2021

It's weird, cause they do make genuinely classy gestures like dedicating yesterday postponed game to a local hospice - turning their in-match Twitter feed into raising awareness about that, basically - but they also have probably the most toxic fan base in England and don't seem to be that arsed about flushing it out.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    It's weird, cause they do make genuinely classy gestures like dedicating yesterday postponed game to a local hospice - turning their in-match Twitter feed into raising awareness about that, basically - but they also have probably the most toxic fan base in England and don't seem to be that arsed about flushing it out.

They'd suggest they do a lot about it, other clubs with different fan bases and without the same history of issues haven't had really to do anything beyond the usual wearing a T Shirt and printing a statement in the programme. Lots of their fans and employees are thoroughly ashamed every time an incident flares up. The idea that it should necessarily be avoided by black players is a bit backwards , helps nobody and suggests that other clubs and environments are any guarantee of avoiding racial abuse.

• I remember going to the New Den I in the 90s and it wasn’t a pleasant experience a large proportion of their fans play up to the clubs reputation.
    The only Millwall fan I had any time for was Danny Baker whose radio show was great.

• They've got quite a few decent famous fans tbf - Gary Oldman is another one

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    They've got quite a few decent famous fans tbf - Gary Oldman is another one

I didn’t know that well that’s two

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

At least one of them is cancelled out by having Rod Liddle as a fan too.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

At least one of them is cancelled out by having Rod Liddle as a fan too.

Rod who

• If you don’t know who he is, count yourself lucky and don’t look him up!