Skip to content

2 days (possibly) to plan for covid passports at the ground

Comments

• How are we looking on PPG at the moment ?

• Leicester game off as well now.

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    How are we looking on PPG at the moment ?

Same as our actual league position (4th), so no one can throw the toys out of the pram this time...

• Brighton - United off

• This is the one positive to come out of the situation, I guess. Hopefully that applies to the EFL too - Lincoln v Doncaster on Saturday has just gone.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    This is the one positive to come out of the situation, I guess. Hopefully that applies to the EFL too - Lincoln v Doncaster on Saturday has just gone.

Wait. They stopped?

• I think whatever rebel MPs and lawrence fox say once the va vaccinated and boosted do start to show nhs passports things might improve. Fingers crossed

• 10/46 games this weekend already off

• edited December 2021

The quicker we let the 90% of society who are vaccinated get back to as normal as possible and live with an acceptable level of infection the better.

The health service needs a massive cash injection to deal with the new normal of covid infections and it's knock on effect, and for that to happen, this govt needs to go

Stuff the 10% of anti -vaxxers/ covid deniers now who are going to be taking up a disproportionate number of beds, who are hindering the return to normality.

• Soooo……

Anyone thinking a Christmas break the clubs have been asking for for years might actually come into affect this season…?

• edited December 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    This is the one positive to come out of the situation, I guess. Hopefully that applies to the EFL too - Lincoln v Doncaster on Saturday has just gone.

With the level of COVID we're going to see over the next month I can't see how this will make much difference, unless players are literally living in isolation between matches (separated completely from friends and family). Clearly that can't happen in the EFL.

• @Last_Quarter said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

With the level of COVID we're going to see over the next month I can't see how this will make much difference, unless players are literally living in isolation between matches (separated completely from friends and family). Clearly that can't happen in the EFL.

I don't see why it couldn't happen in the EFL?

• edited December 2021

@Username said:
    The quicker we let the 90% get back to as normal as possible and live with an acceptable level of infection the better.

The health service needs a massive cash injection to deal with the new normal of covid infections and it's knock on effect, and for that to happen, this govt needs to go

Stuff the 10% now who are going to be taking up a disproportionate number of beds and hindering the return to normality.

Yeah, stuff the vulnerable... Or do you mean the unvaccinated? Cause I thought that figure would be higher than 10%.

• And it can't happen in the Chritmas/New Year period @Last_Quarter

• edited December 2021

This is shocking btw. 25%! Time for football to take a leaf out of the NFL's book and subject unvaccinated players to stricter protocols.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Username said:
    The quicker we let the 90% get back to as normal as possible and live with an acceptable level of infection the better.

Stuff the 10% now who are going to be taking up a disproportionate number of beds and hindering the return to normality.

Yeah, stuff the vulnerable...

I think you're misinterpreting my post.

Unless you think that lockdown life can go on forever, some vulnerable will forever be at a greater risk....I think that's a sad but inevitable fact.

That can be massively mitigated by having everyone else vaccinated and therefore very unlikely to take up a hospital bed space of someone else.

I'm talking about the 10% refusing to be vaccinated/ adhere to covid rules..

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I don't see why it couldn't happen in the EFL?

Surely cost for a start. The money it would cost clubs to isolate players in that way for one month (or more) would be eye-watering, at a time when many are already in serious financial trouble.

Plus I can imagine many players simply wouldn't want this for family and mental health reasons - Sam Vokes has a one month old child for example!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Username said:

Yeah, stuff the vulnerable... Or do you mean the unvaccinated? Cause I thought that figure would be higher than 10%.

I think it's around 90% one jab, 80% two, have amended my post to make it clearer. It's under 10% who don't intend to be vaccinated though... It's just a very vocal 5-10%

• @Username said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Username said:

Unless you think that lockdown life can go on forever, some vulnerable will forever be at a greater risk....I think that's a sad but inevitable fact.

That can be massively mitigated by having everyone else vaccinated and therefore very unlikely to take up a hospital bed space of someone else.

Yeah, I did - sorry!

You're right about the health service being at risk for as long as the Tories are in power, but what percentage of eligible people are unvaccinated? Cause I don't see how we truly get out of this without as close to maximum vaccine uptake as possible.

• edited December 2021

*vaccination uptake? But yeah, it's not as high as it should be.

• edited December 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Username said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Username said:

Yeah, I did - sorry!

You're right about the health service being at risk for as long as the Tories are in power, but what percentage of eligible people are unvaccinated? Cause I don't see how we truly get out of this without as close to maximum vaccine uptake as possible.

Looking at the stats from November it's seems 90% one jab, 80% two.

I definitely read a poll of unvaccinated people that said half of that sample "intend" to get vaccinated, so it'll be around 5% of people who are hold outs.

• It does vary quite dramatically from region to region, too.

• The unvaxxed should have to pay every penny of their NHS treatment for anything COVID related. 'Their body, their choice'.

• One of the problems with a winter break was always knowing where to put it. You could arrange to have all of January off and then find out that Snow and disruption comes in December or February.
    We could have a short break now, enforced or otherwise, then a load more cases as well as bad weather. The prospect of shifting the calendar next season to fit round the awful decision to give Qatar the world cup will start to feed in to decisions around the Prem and Championship soon.
    Not a big fan of it but I'd think at some point players who won't vaccinate will probably have to step aside to protect bubbles.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Username said:

The vast majority of the vulnerable will probably have taken advantage of the free protections supplied by the country and still be taking great precautions. In the main the people in hospital now are more likely to be unvaccinated than vulnerable.

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    As if Reading have 20,000 fans

As a smaller club in League One I amazed by comments like this. Oxfordesque.

Many enjoy reading. Support your under funded local library

• It is true variants are going to be knocking about for years. The problem is no-one wants a lockdown but some people noisily refuse to take the measures required to prevent a lock down so we all end up with a lockdown.

• @Wendoverman said:
    It is true variants are going to be knocking about for years. The problem is no-one wants a lockdown but some people noisily refuse to take the measures required to prevent a lock down so we all end up with a lockdown.

The same geniuses who organised an anti-lockdown protest when the last lockdown ended.

• edited December 2021

@Wendoverman said:
    It is true variants are going to be knocking about for years. The problem is no-one wants a lockdown but some people noisily refuse to take the measures required to prevent a lock down so we all end up with a lockdown.

And we have a govt who have prioritised defunding our health system so it's capacity is not that much above non pandemic demand anyway....

On top of that they are ideologically against govt intervention, and are morally bankrupt to the point of disenfranchising those who are willing to do their bit. Fortunately Omicron looks to be more transmissible rather than more deadly, but with the position of this govt, if a really serious mutation did appear we would be totally fucked- they both couldn't and wouldn't be able to do anything about it- they've lost all trust and political goodwill

• I'm sure there's quite a few who still think the government are a bunch of jolly nice chaps doing their best.