Skip to content

So, Mid-Table and/or Survive Relegation is Now Our Genuine Ambition?

Comments

• I could be wrong but I don't remember there being that much worry when lynch was out on loan and Baz was cover for Ingram

• As of the 30.6.15 financial year end, the group's debts stood at £2.92m - as reported at the Trust AGM in November 2015.
    Last season the play-off windfall kept us going through the 'barren' summer months and with no guarantee of the same happening this season, some of the recently received funds may be required to do the same.
    No decision has been made as yet on whether to accelerate the planned repayment of any long term debt.

• Exactly, we've "risked" having Baz on the bench many a time, so the only extra risk now is that Lynch gets injured very close to the deadline for getting a loanee in, say late Thur/early Friday.

Then we'd have a problem, but most likely we can get by as we are.

I still wonder who you'd get to be a reserve keeper to a youngster with zero experience, on a low wage! Who'd come in on those terms!?

• I would guess that we are still operating at a loss, just not as much as before. The Ingram sale, FA Cup run, last season's play offs and Wembley appearance have been a massive boost. Certain we will have to keep selling the family silver to delay the inevitable.

• Ainsworth says in his post-match conference (if you have Chairboys Player) they will be looking to get a reserve keeper in.

He also says that he was only able to bring in Cowan-Hall because Ingram left, so I'm not sure what that means in terms of getting in the new striker that many are asking for.

• Lynch Has played 5 games for us so far, 6 if you count him being sub on at Northampton. Three of them being play off games and 1 FA cup Vs Villa. Give the lad a chance I personally think he looks better than Ingram did 5 games in for us.

• Out of interest, I heard that you don't get much from the playoffs, and a lot of it goes into some sort of pot, that is shared between the leagues as a whole.

That sounded a really disappointing thing to happen. Does anyone know for sure?

• @BSE said:
    Lynch Has played 5 games for us so far, 6 if you count him being sub on at Northampton. Three of them being play off games and 1 FA cup Vs Villa. Give the lad a chance I personally think he looks better than Ingram did 5 games in for us. Well said

• 3m of debt and we accept low prices for our best players yes good business that not

• @Malone With regard to sharing the play off money from a single pot, for the 4 semi final games the attendance money is split equally between all 4 teams, with some going to the league too. It all helps but I'm afraid Hayes set us back many years. I wonder if his old mate Beeks will still be around by the time we've paid it off? Or whether he'll still be on the board?

• I'm not with this Hayes was responsible for all our ills. Surely the whole board at the time that accepted 'loan notes' from Hayes very recklessly are just as responsible. Just where did all that money go and how stupid of them to get involved with him. Who are the guilty men??

• @trevor said:
    3m of debt and we accept low prices for our best players yes good business that not

But that's not how it works if we didn't have 3m of debt we wouldn't need to accept a lower price
    Pawn brokers don't offer desperate people what their valuables are worth they offer as little as they can get away with.

• @DJTaylor no he wasn't quoted as saying there is £3 million debt.

• I wouldn't worry about Lynch I'm sure he will be fine.He seems to have confidence a very important part of a goalkeepers make up and it was good to see him throwing the ball out sometimes.Its lack of goals that are concerning which means,like yesterday ,that if we concede one we are probably going to draw at best..Getting Paris back was a very good bit of business.

• Although we are selling our best players for initially what seems low transfer fees. This is unfortunately the right thing to do. If we play hard ball and demand millions we could potentially put other 'rough diamonds' off from joining us as there chances of progression are limited.

We have a considerable amount of debt that needs to be slowly reduced and financial sustainability has to be the priority.

If Ainsworth believes that Lynch is good enough, I'm happy with that. If we can manage till next season with Baz as our emergency back up this will save on wages. Obviously at some point due to Baz's age we will need to recruit another reserve keeper or a replacement for Lynch if things don't work out.

Regarding the striker situation, I'm personally very disappointed that Holloway hasn't been used more and can only assume there is something going on behind the scenes. Paris should give us that much needed injection of pace we have been lacking up front though.

What really is starting to concern me is the quality of the football; at the end of the day football is in the entertainment business and good, exciting football brings the fans and therefore the money. Shoot me down. But I would rather see exciting football with a team giving 100% for 90 minutes and losing than hoof and hope and scraping a win.

• @MBS said:
    I'm not with this Hayes was responsible for all our ills. Surely the whole board at the time that accepted 'loan notes' from Hayes very recklessly are just as responsible. Just where did all that money go and how stupid of them to get involved with him. Who are the guilty men??

Everyone who voted to change the constitution thus allowing this situation to prevail?

• Maybe if the club stopped banging the "little club" in all sorts of trouble with debt message , we would not be taken advantage of so much ?

• Just a quick thought on the original thread heading.
    Isn't our stated 61 point target achieving just what you said?

• @bourne70 said:
    Maybe if the club stopped banging the "little club" in all sorts of trouble with debt message , we would not be taken advantage of so much ?

I recall reading at the time that Beeks had practically threatened the members with administration if they did not vote for the change. So he is also at least partly responsible.

• Just a quick reminder chaps, that all the money Hayes put into the club during his control, was written off and is not part of the debt now. . Just as he said at the time. What debt we have was incurred before his control and in the time of the trust ownership.

Not to say he managed the club well (certainly in the last year at least he didnt) or that Trust managed the club badly (some of the recent debt was incurred while restructuring the clubs cost base) , but worth remembering the truth rather than the false narrative that is starting to replace reality.

• We have no money. The club and Gareth have to make do with what we have got. It will be basement league football for the foreseeable future.

• I wish people would understand this @Greg sick of hearing people say lets get a decent forward in that will scored 15 goals between now and the end of the season. if such a player was available he wouldn't be coming here as we can't pay the wages such a player commands. I must admit though I am totally fed up with GA playing Thompson upfront when he is offering nothing. Lets get Thompson wide left and Wood onto the bench and Hayes and Cowan Hall upfront (hopefully Paul isn't injured and was just a knock) and maybe we will start to create something.

• Im really pleased we have got Cowan Hall back, I wonder if we will keep McCarthy past 3rd February as it looks like he has to play if he is here on loan and yes I agree he deserves his place in the side but not sure who should miss out because of it.

• edited January 2016

@richmayes999;

The team mirror what our Manager asks them to do on the pitch. My issue is for the high intensity and pressure play style we don't command enough of the ball to supply good quality balls into the box from the wings or intelligent through balls via the middle of the pitch behind the opposition's defensive line.

Whoever is upfront will struggle with the hoof and hope we serve and tid bits of flick on's which noone really gets on the end of them, hence our goal drought and ratio compared to those above and in and around us.

• Well the problem is the more I watch this style of football the more bored I get .

• we have sold players and cup run etc we should have some increase in wage budget surely for new signing or two

• @DevC hang on, we've got nearly £3m of debt, and you're saying none of that is due to Hayes? Surely that's not true.

• Sorry Malone - I have to say it (and I really hope you have noticed it) @richmayes999 IS capable of being both positive and reasonable. I am a positive person myself and believe in credit where credit is due. We all have shortcomings of one kind or another and I personally have minor autistic traits which have got me into trouble from time to time. That's life I suppose.

• Not sure how this flows into the convo Micra, but he clearly watches the games. Just not sure why he keeps winding people up with inside stories, that never happen. Seems pointless.

• Have we got 3 million pounds of debt. I was under the impression that it was two. If so, wasn't that the debt when Hayes first came to the club? BTW, I'm not defending Hayes just trying to clarify.