Skip to content

Two new loan signings...

As per Twitter, it we seem we have two new loan signings coming in today. Defender and striker?

Comments

• Is Darnell Furlong looking likely?

I heard Ainsworth said its not looking likely as he made his debut for QPR last week but anything is possible.

• Sam Saunders and Nico Yennaris, both from...

...Brentford.

• Sam Saunders on loan is a fantastic signing - and Yennaris isn't too bad either. Looks like great work yet again from Gaz.

• So happy we've signed Saunders. What's this other fella like?

• Wow! Sam Saunders is a great signing, a quality player at League 1 level, let alone League 2.

• Brentford supporter here - you've pulled off a real coup by getting Sam Saunders. At his best he's absolute quality and a run of games will get him back to his best. He's up there with the best set-piece takers in the lower leagues.

Yennaris is an interesting one. He was very highly-rated as an Arsenal youngster and it seemed like a good deal when we got him but he's never broken into the team and probably hasn't played more than two consecutive games. It will be interesting to see how he does and where he plays - either right-back or as the defensive midfielder.

Great work by your manager, though.

• I'm chuffed about Sam Saunders. That's a really good signing.

• Looking to the future, if - and of course that's still a big if - both us and Brentford get promoted, next season there's a big possibility that the likes of Saunders and Mawson could be here on permanent deals. Regardless of how well Sam does in the next month, we know he's a decent player at this level and he fits the Ainsworth model.

These signings makes me think that Gaz is happy with the strikers we have and that he feels the reason we're not sticking the ball in the net (Carlisle aside) is because we're not feeding the strikers enough?

• Chances are Yennaris straight in at RB, Jombati at CB and maybe Saunders to replace Bloomfield?

• Interesting bold move by GA. Striker and Defender from Brentford. More competition and options defensively and offensively. Chairboys intentions are perfectly clear now.

• @Pbo - comment last night from Andrew Howard that GA has been working intensively with Danny Rowe to get him up to speed to replace the suspended Pierre. I'm not sure he'd risk Yennaris straight away.

• @Gary - re Saunders and next season - without getting carried away, have you noticed that Saunders' contract with Brentford is only to 2015 - fits your theory.

• @Wig_and_Pen said:
    Pbo - comment last night from Andrew Howard that GA has been working intensively with Danny Rowe to get him up to speed to replace the suspended Pierre. I'm not sure he'd risk Yennaris straight away.

Rather give Rowe start run of games. I know that they are paid professionals, but 19 years of age living down South (Rotherham) to warm the bench imo is taking the Michael. To me that goes beyond use and abuse from a player, that has filled the gaps as a utility player. Rowe has performed pretty well in the games he played.

Rowe needs some game time at least.

• Agree that Rowe needs a few games, bunging Sido into CB and a new bloke on the right would be too much of a gamble. Looks like two useful signings. Here's to three points tomorrow...it's time for a run at the automatics.

• I'd be surprised if Rowe didn't replace Pierre tomorrow. GA obviously rates him otherwise he wouldn't still be around - the 'problem' has been that Pierre and Mawson have just been so exceptional all season he hasn't really had the opportunity at CB. And didn't Jombati not exactly cover himself in glory as CB for the Burton game?

But got to agree with the general consensus of good loan signings.

• @Gary - re Saunders and next season - without getting carried away, have you noticed that Saunders' contract with Brentford is only to 2015 - fits your theory.

And he's 31. Almost certainly on the way out at Griffin Park.

• Brentford FC said:
    Sam, 31, has played five First Team matches this season – all as substitute – since his recovery from a long term knee injury last November.

>

He recently signed an extension to his contract that keeps him at Brentford until at least June 2016.

• Those pair are incredible signings. Top, top work.

• Saunders a great signing,6 years ago we missed out on him & ended up with Strevens instead!!(both @ Dagenham then).Better late then never,good luck Sam.

• Saunders is class. The selection for tomorrow will be interesting. I expect Saunders to go straight in and Yenarris sub. Both good signings though. Well done Gaz.

• Hi, another Bees fan here. Great to see you guys going so well this season and making the most of all the ex Bees and loanee Bees. I don't know much about Yenaris as he hasn't really had much of a look in with the first team yet. Sam Saunders is a great player and so unfortunate with his injury last season as he was on fire at the time. When he is on his game he is absolute class, has a vicious free kick on him and is a fantastic character.

Fingers crossed they both do a great job for you. Good luck for the run in.

• Saunders plays wide right if I remember correctly, which I guess means Fred will be on the bench. Harsh, but Saunders is a class above at this level. If he's still working his way back to full fitness, then I'd imagine Fred will come on for him around 70mins. A great option for Ainsworth to have.

• Can these loans be extended to the end of the season? If of course they prove successful.

• Many thanks to you bostonhanwell (and to beelee) for re-assuring information and good wishes. We are truly indebted this season to Brentford and it is much appreciated.

• Fred can't start on the bench after last weeks goal. I'd also be loathed to drop McClure, good finish last week, a couple of Home goals would do him good.

• Fred has scored 5 goals in only 10 starts and 2 substitute appearances. Can't see him being dropped.

A cheeky little 4-3-3 with Fred, McClure and Hayes up front and Saunders, AN Other and Wood in the middle would be interesting.

But I heard we have a few players with knocks, so who knows.

• Personally I'd be dissapointed if Bloomfield is dropped. A fit, on form Bloomfield is a terrific player at this level and I think he deserves his place at the moment. We'll need a strong midfield today, but I think if someone is to make way, then perhaps Bean, who's been rather hit and miss thus far.

• why dont we just play 4-4-3 and accommodate Blooms and Saunders? Referees are rubbish at counting these days anyway, and we need the win.

• Rumour has it that Bean has a MCL injury, not sure of the severity.

Could it be Murphys day to get back in the team and start getting goals again?